Bizarre glitch on DVD burned in DVDA 2

PossibilityX wrote on 11/5/2007, 9:19 AM
I use DVDA 2.

I created a DVD, and successfully burned maybe 50 copies over the months. No problems.

However, recently I got an order for more DVDs. Burned them, but when testing them, noticed a bizarre glitch:

On the opening menu screen, all text has vanished. This text includes the name of the video, as well as three links leading to submenus. However, the text highlighting remains and one can still (blindly) navigate to the submenus as usual. Submenu text has NOT disappeared from the DVD.

When viewing a preview of the video in DVDA 2, the text appears as normal. It's there, so why ISN'T it there on the burned DVD? What could have happened between the last time I burned a good DVD, and this time?

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

Nobody wrote on 11/5/2007, 10:36 AM
I wonder if something changed on your computer. Do you still have all of the fonts available that you did earlier?

Do you have a physical copy of the disk that is correct? If so, you might just want to make a copy (or copies) of that to get your product out.

PS: you might try posting this in the DVDA forum to get more specific help.
PossibilityX wrote on 11/5/2007, 11:13 AM
Nothing changed on the computer as far as I know----at least, I didn't make any changes.

I've posted to the DVDA forum, too. Appreciate your response.

I do have a physical copy of the DVD and can dupe from it, but I still want to get this glitch worked out.

Anyone else have any ideas?
jetdv wrote on 11/5/2007, 11:49 AM
Which version of DVD Architect 2?

Here's a couple of items in the 2.0a fix list:

A bug has been fixed that could prevent text-only buttons from being displayed on a burned DVD when a video was used as the menu background.

A bug has been fixed that incorrectly considered some menus with text and graphics as compliant. This could result in missing text, buttons, and graphics on menus.

Perhaps you simply need to update to 2.0b.