BMD Decklink & V8Pro

quoka wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:29 AM
I've been searching all day for info on decklink support within V8P and finally came across this on Creative Cow Blackmagic Forum.
This is a bummer as we depend on decklink for all our work - hope they get it working very soon.
The latest driver for DeckLink or Multibridge will not work with Vegas 8.
..........................................................................................................................
As Vegas 8 was just released, we are working towards that support. Upcoming driver releases should offer Vegas 8 support. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Albert Chu
Technical Support Representative
Blackmagic Design Inc.
www.blackmagic-design.com

Comments

[r]Evolution wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:32 AM
I was never able to get my Decklink card working w/V7.
My fingers have been crossed way too tight in hopes that it would work w/ VP8.

Oh well... I guess I'll wait and hope for good news.
quoka wrote on 9/11/2007, 1:38 AM
We have 3 diff systems with V7 & Decklink - all work
1x - XP x64 Quad AMD
2x - XP32 Dual Dual Xeon's for the others.

We do get frame inaccuracies on PTT at times but otherwise they work fine - especially for previewing. Let me know what the prob is and I might be able to help - I get the feeling Decklink support in V8 might be some way off.
farss wrote on 9/11/2007, 3:41 AM
Same here, Decklink card work perfectly for me in V7, finally.
Never tried going back to DB though but certainly done plenty of DVDs that way. Even the audio was close to perfect.
John_Cline wrote on 9/11/2007, 4:29 AM
I also heard from Blackmagic that they are working with Sony on support for the Intensity Pro. That would be great.
x_gogoa wrote on 9/19/2007, 3:44 AM
any news??
John_Cline wrote on 9/19/2007, 3:52 AM
No, not yet.
x_gogoa wrote on 10/9/2007, 10:59 AM
i would like to shop for pro upgrade these days. to be more shure in that i'd like to try v8pro with my decklink sd extreme card. that is important for me since i have betacam recorder as input/output tape format. capturing in, let's say v6, editing, pro titling, cc in v8 and step back to v6 is impossible 'couse there is no project back-compatibility. since sony claim that supports blackmagic, i hope see updates at one or both sides till end of month.
any news?

gordan
mjroddy wrote on 10/9/2007, 12:03 PM
Stepping back to 6 (from 8P) is "possible" via a render: you'd need to render a DV AVI or Uncompressed AVI (or similar) and bring that into V6.
Not fun, but an option.
mjroddy wrote on 10/9/2007, 12:03 PM
Stepping back to 6 (from 8P) is "possible" via a render: you'd need to render a DV AVI or Uncompressed AVI (or similar) and bring that into V6.
Not fun, but an option.
[r]Evolution wrote on 10/17/2007, 12:25 AM
They are saying that the v6.5.1 driver is working!
...Search these forums.,,
x_gogoa wrote on 10/17/2007, 5:55 AM
here is answer from blackmagic about 6.5.1:
"No chance for a quick update. We are currently working on getting support for Vegas 8, but there still a number of hurdles to overcome. Rest assured we are working on it, but we have not set timeline for release."

gordan