Boris Continuum Light Rays Unit for Vegas - FREE

Coursedesign wrote on 7/18/2011, 4:37 AM
First 500 to request it get it free

From their sales blurb:

The Boris Continuum Light Rays Unit produces stunning volumetric lighting effects such as Rays, Radiants, Rings, and Ripples. Ever wanted to add emotion or change the mood or look of a scene? Maybe have the viewer experience the sun's warming rays as they penetrate a window scene? Create heavenly radiants that communicate joy and happiness?

Very good quality, and no cashectomy :O).

Comments

edenilson wrote on 7/18/2011, 9:09 AM
free? not free
Former user wrote on 7/18/2011, 9:28 AM
I just signed up and downloaded a copy and I was sent a serial number within a few seconds. No problems. Except that it's only available for Vegas 10 (and I'm still on 8... for now anyway) so, one of these days when I do upgrade, I'll at least have a copy ;-)

Jim
Former user wrote on 7/18/2011, 9:28 AM
got mine, thanks,

Dave T2
edenilson wrote on 7/18/2011, 9:37 AM
serial number is trial. 14 days
Former user wrote on 7/18/2011, 9:57 AM
Ohhh. It doesn't say anything about that in the email or the website. I guess the "14 trial" limitation notice is displayed when it's installed?
ChipGallo wrote on 7/18/2011, 11:20 AM
Perhaps after the first 500 downloads, it changed to the 14 day trial? In my e-mail from them it says:

Here is your free Light Rays Serial Number

Former user wrote on 7/18/2011, 3:23 PM
As I understand, the download is the whole package. But the license is only for the light rays. If you enable any other effex, you might get the 14 day trial.

I installed it and it does not say anything about being a trial.

Dave T2
erikd wrote on 7/19/2011, 12:29 AM
I tried to install but got this helpful error message:

Install Shield Custom DLL Action:

Failed to extract file "NewBinary20" from the binary table.

Nothing doing....any ideas. Anyone from Boris reading this thread?

Erik
Coursedesign wrote on 7/20/2011, 2:15 AM
Yes, the download is the whole package, and you get a free serial for the Light Rays Unit.

The other Units are available as full function 14-day trials, after that you need to get serials for them.

If you get on Boris' e-mail list, they offer various Units free from time to time. This lets you build a good set for free (if you can resist the temptation to fork over for the other Units).

Also, if you decide to buy the whole set, you get full credit for any Units you bought individually.

erikd: I would suggest a Windows restart and new download. You'd think downloads could never get corrupted, but I have seen it too many times.