BORIS MOCHA PRO: How’s Your Preview experience back in VP?

Grazie wrote on 3/29/2020, 5:50 AM

Why? Because mine is GLACIAL and then WHITEOUT. Come on BORIS and MAGIX speak with each other to get this sorted out. I’m using the MOCHA Render Module and for Previewing it is pants. The only way I can get anything like Real Time Preview is to export from the MOCHA Workspace is by an exported File, which, kinda defeats the object of having a Plugin?

Please get a grip and speak with each other.

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 3/29/2020, 6:23 AM

When using Mocha Pro for stabilisation or replace, I've found VP TL experience reduced but not impossible. To be fair, I sometimes render out replace to MOV. My main gripe with MP is that after saving and exiting MP back to the VP FX window and then selecting the MP render selection, there is no progress bar to show how the rendering is going and if it has actually finished. From BorisFX tutorials re other NLEs, a render progress bar does seem to be included.

When using Mocha within BCC (which of course is not Mocha Pro), TL performance within VP17 b421 is still good even if using multiple tracks within BCC Mocha. But BCC Noise Reduction and Flicker Fixer (no Mocha involved with these) both turn the VP TL into a sluggish staccato series of still frames where assessing the success of the FX is next to impossible.

Grazie wrote on 3/29/2020, 6:30 AM

@Dexcon - Thank you for your fullsome feedback. I’m using the Remove Module. It’s as slow as a deep frozen glazier moving along on the coldest planet during that Planet’s 400th Ice Age. It’s miserable 😩.