Comments

farss wrote on 10/28/2004, 7:05 AM
The sound fx CD has been around for a while, got mine weeks ago. The one that's been talked about is several DVDs worth that'll cost a lot more.
Spot|DSE wrote on 10/28/2004, 7:19 AM
No Farss, this is the one that was held up. It's now available.
HPV wrote on 10/28/2004, 7:48 AM
New nestable folder tracks on the ACID Pro 5 timeline provide a more efficient way to view your project. Folder tracks increase your efficiency by organizing several tracks into one folder track on the ACID timeline. Track folders let you use cluster editing, drag, pitch shift, cut, copy and paste entire sections of loops, and reclaim precious screen real estate.
---------------------
Oh man, I hope they can do this with video tracks in Vegas 6. Looks like a great upgrade for ACID.

Craig H.
Grazie wrote on 10/28/2004, 8:13 AM
. . . ooohh wwoooeeeee . .. the tools look stunning . . Pre and Post Grooves . . done Graphically?!?!?!?!

Grazzzie is IN the Groove!
BrianStanding wrote on 10/28/2004, 8:15 AM
Sony's getting very good at finding ways of consolidating tracks VERTICALLY on the timeline (i.e., parent/child in Vegas, Nested folder tracks now in A5).

Now, if we could just get them to apply the same kind of thinking to HORIZONTAL consolidation, a la nested timelines.
jkrepner wrote on 10/28/2004, 8:37 AM
Back to the sound FX Vision CDs, I got a sales flyer from Sony about 6 months ago that had some details on the Vision 5 CD set. Yet, it never turned up on Sony's site. It had a package deal that was bundled with Vegas 4 (maybe 5). I might have to give this set a shot.

Cool!

hugoharris wrote on 10/28/2004, 8:52 AM
Sigh...

I've said this before in other threads...

ACID's interface looks a lot like Vegas - I'm guessing the underlying audio engine is similar. There isn't one piece of software that allows the musician-filmmaker to edit video and audio (well) at the same time; instead I continue to hop back and forth between Cubase SX (and their declining Pinnacle quality control) and Vegas. How hard could it be to integrate ACID and Vegas and call it something else? Just expand Vegas's audio capabilities - MIDI and VST/VSTi!

As an audio guy that has discovered video over the past 2 years, I bet there are a few of you video types who would enjoy delving further into the audio/composition side...

Kevin.