Bragging rights -- I got me a B3 . . .

musicvid10 wrote on 4/16/2016, 5:03 PM
. . . well, almost. It's a well-preserved Hammond A100, all the raw guts and screaming glory of the mighty B3 in a less-monolithic home cabinet. It's better than a Mercedes, which is better than sex.

It sounds great, a bit warm through the built-in speakers, tonewheels have oil, drawbars need cleaning, and I'll make a few hundred when I sell it.

Of course, if a Leslie 122 drops in from the sky (right), that's the last anyone will ever hear of me, except maybe on YT..

Comments

mike_in_ky wrote on 4/16/2016, 10:43 PM
You LUCKY DOG!

In my youth, I was an equipment man for a local New Orleans rock band (late 60's/early 70's). The band had a B3 with 2 Leslies...what a sound!
JohnnyRoy wrote on 4/17/2016, 8:12 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !!!

There is nothing like the sound and feel of a Hammond B3 which is why I still have mine!

Here is it sitting in my garage battle damaged from years of touring:

[IMG=http://i66.tinypic.com/29cs7zd.jpg]

I haven't turned it on in over 10 years and I'm afraid that the cloth wire insulators have started to break down. I really should open it up and look at it and see if I can fire it up.

~jr
musicvid10 wrote on 4/17/2016, 1:15 PM
jr, you could sell it for a grand plus, right away probably.
They are on their way up again, as they become more scarce.
B3s are up to 9 grand with a Leslie.

musicvid10 wrote on 5/7/2016, 8:08 AM
Actually, after doing a bit more research, street price on a B3/Leslie is still around 5 grand. Listing prices are something else.

Update: after spending a week getting everything working, the A100 sold in less than 24 hours on Craigslist.