[BUG] Bezier masking before Pan/Crop stuck Animated keyframe

Sirio wrote on 5/28/2020, 9:24 AM

There is a bug in the Bezier masking plugin.

On the Video Event FX chain, when I put the Bezier masking plugin before Pan/Crop, this plugin don't recognise no more the Animation of keys.
Here an example without animated key.

In this way everything works.
But now I would like to make appear progressively the highlighted block of text. I mean, I want start to see the whole sheet normally and after one second a rectangle will highlight the first paragraph. Then on the "Blend" option I activate the "Animate" button and create a second key-frame with another value. Here comes the bug, There is no transition and the plugin stuck.

This bug appear only if I put the Bezier maskin FX before the Pan/Crop in the chain of FX.

Vegas Pro 17 build 452

Comments

sched wrote on 5/29/2020, 1:53 PM

Hi! I can reproduce the issue...

Marco. wrote on 5/29/2020, 2:25 PM

@Sirio

Any chance to share your project file (I think without the source media should be fine) via Dropbox, Google Drive or similar?

Sirio wrote on 6/1/2020, 7:57 AM

Hi Marco
Here the link where to download the project with the media.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/du3xdjst7nvlhjo/Bezier%20masking%20before%20Pan-Crop-BUG.zip?dl=0

Marco. wrote on 6/1/2020, 10:38 AM

I now see what you mean. Very strange. I'll try to send a detailed bug report about it.

It's somehow related to the source media, too. It works fine if I replace your graphic file against an internal Generated Media or against a video clip.

Marco. wrote on 6/1/2020, 11:08 AM

If you download and open this new project, click onto the video Event in the timeline and the press T to switch between your original graphic and the AVI video replacement of it. You'll see everything works fine with the AVI but animation drops when using the graphic file.

Sirio wrote on 6/1/2020, 11:30 AM

Well done Marco.
I can confirm with video and internal Generated Media it works perfectly, but with a still image such JPG or PNG it bugs. I hope it will be simple to solve it.

Marco. wrote on 6/1/2020, 11:41 AM

I still wonder why this happens. Maybe Bézier Mask if used before Pan/Crop (which is same as being used as Media FX) reads there is no length and no frame rate in graphics so no animation possible. It shouldn't happen, anyway.

Edit:
Yes, I think this is it. It not only happens with Bézier Mask FX animation but with every kind of FX animation trying to be used on graphics before Pan/Crop.
And if you add an FX onto graphics as Media FX from the scratch you'll see that the base if the issue is the missing time information in the FX animation timeline.

It seems it's always been that way in Vegas Pro. At least I reproed back to version 14 now.