BWF save with V10

MarketStreet wrote on 10/19/2010, 3:42 PM
With V10 can we import, say, two audio files with locked timecode (two iso camera audio files for example), drop it on the timeline, EQ those files, chop some pieces, add 2 or 3 tracks of FX, then save as a new BWF polyphonic file with original timecode from previous imported audio tracks ?
(then send it back to post prod without having to fill up the blank parts of TL or some other workaround)
Just to clear it up once and for all concerning V10...

Comments

ChristoC wrote on 10/19/2010, 3:54 PM
I keep looking - short answer seems to be 'No' - I cannot find a way.
pwppch wrote on 10/19/2010, 5:56 PM
No, Vegas does not have this type of workflow.

Peter
rraud wrote on 10/19/2010, 6:09 PM
That's a good question.
Work-a-rounds? Off the cuff, Possibly,..
1. Render multiple 2 trk BWF from the timeline. Import to SF, render a poly BWF.
2. Render files using VASST Trackilizer. Copy and Paste all to blank BWFs. (Create polyfiles in SF,set the time stamp or re-set the time-stamp in Wave Agent.
This would be easier if Sound Forge could 'create' a BWF from scratch or from a normal WAVE, which it cannot, neither can Wave Agent for that matter. You would have to cut & paste the audio into previously created BWF, blank or otherwise: then re-set the 'time stamp'. (and other meta-data if so desired).
I'm not aware that this can be done directly in 'Slo-Tools' either.
Peter, I am encouraged that someone from SCS is paying attention.
WarmGlow wrote on 10/20/2010, 7:25 PM

rraud wrote:2. Render files using VASST Trackilizer.

Are you able to get Trackalizer to work with V10?
After i installed Vegas 10a I tried installing trackalizer and it said i didn't have a compatible version of vegas installed
rraud wrote on 10/23/2010, 9:01 AM
I have not tried Trackilizer in V10.