Camtasia .avi not showing on V8 Pro timeline

nolonemo wrote on 2/15/2010, 8:49 AM
I have a full 1920x1080 screen/audio capture of a slideshow captured with Camtasia 6. It was captured in the Camasia .cam format and then rendered to an .avi in Camtasia. If I drag the file onto the Vegas 8 pro timeline, audio displays but no video. The capture was done on a different computer than the one Vegas is installed on. It is not possible to recapture the show or to install Vegas on the capture computer.

Is there some codec that I need to install on the Vegas machine? The file is fine, plays in VLC Media Player. Alternatively, what format should the .cam file be re-rendered to in Camtasia that will also work for editing in Vegas? I would like to preserve as much of the original quality as possible -- final output will be to BD disc.

Thanks

Comments

busterkeaton wrote on 2/15/2010, 9:59 AM
You need the Techsmith codec TSCC which is available at their website techsmith.com
daryl wrote on 2/15/2010, 2:29 PM
Work around, you can also render to avi from within Camtasia and it will load up ok in Vegas.
JohnnyRoy wrote on 2/15/2010, 3:15 PM
> Is there some codec that I need to install on the Vegas machine? The file is fine, plays in VLC Media Player.

If the file plays in VLC I'm guessing that you are working with Vegas Pro 8.1 in which case it will not work. There is no 64-bit codec for Camtasia files. Us ethe 32-bit version of Vegas instead.

> Alternatively, what format should the .cam file be re-rendered to in Camtasia that will also work for editing in Vegas? I would like to preserve as much of the original quality as possible -- final output will be to BD disc.

I don't use the .cam format at all. I capture directly to Camtasia AVI files. This saves the additional render.

~jr
nolonemo wrote on 2/15/2010, 3:19 PM
busterkeaton - thanks, downloading the codec did the trick

daryl - yes, but the default is the techsmith codec, and I did not choose a different one at the encode.

Thank you both