Comments

Sullivan wrote on 9/21/2007, 7:26 AM
I removed V5 and V6 out from under V7 once. What happened is that all my plug-ins disappeared. I suppose I could have re-installed V7 but I took it as an excuse to upgrade to V8.
busterkeaton wrote on 9/21/2007, 7:26 AM
Sony has a preset manager you can use to move presets.

You should however, be fine. Historically, Sony has versions sit side by side without interference.

If you want to be very safe, remove VEgas 8, remove vegas 7, then reinstall 8
busterkeaton wrote on 9/21/2007, 7:27 AM
Sony has a preset manager you can use to move presets.

You should however, be fine. YOu can also let 7 stay. Historically, Sony has had versions sit side by side without interference.

If you want to be very safe, remove VEgas 8, remove vegas 7, then reinstall 8
blink3times wrote on 9/21/2007, 7:42 AM
You may find it better to leave V7 on for the moment... especially if you are working with HD. There are a few bugs in V8... nothing too outlandish, but it has forced me back to V7. Sony is aware and SHOULD be coming out with a patch soon.
Jay M wrote on 9/21/2007, 11:14 AM
Two nights ago Vegas 8 had a horrible crashing spell! I had a few quick projects to get done. After crashing 5 times in 1/2 hour I decided to close V8 and go back to version 6.

I'm sure that within a few months V8 will as stable as any recent version, but for now I wouldn't even consider removing Vegas 6.

I will still begin every project in V8 because I like it better, but it is nice to have V6 just in case.

~Jay