Can't figure out why the final render does not use the prerender video

Greg-Smith9805 wrote on 3/10/2023, 3:50 PM

The manual says that the final render will use the prerender video if they are the same format. Could someone more knowledgeable look at my project settings and render settings and tell me what I am doing wrong? Version 20.0 (Build 326)

I have three cameras all with 4k or higher resolution and because this venue was dark I am using Neat v5.5.8 noise reduction on them all. Render is really slow.

If prerender cannot actually be used for the final render do you have any suggestions on a good workflow? I can't tell for sure but the noise reduction is the second thing in the FX chain after Pan/Crop. All of these video tracks are being cropped to 3840x2160 from either 5312x3984 or 5120x3840. The third camera is a Panasonic X2 and that video is just 4k UHD. It looks to me as though the noise reduction is being applied to the entire frame size, not the crop.

This band did two sets each about 45 minutes long and they want one continuous video for each set. If Neat is going to do noise reduction processing on the whole frame anyway maybe it makes sense to render each video track separately at full resolution using some lossless codec and then use those? I have quite a bit of time already sunk into the cuts, etc. I don't use multi-camera editing. Is there a way to save the Track Composite Level envelopes and Pan/Crop keyframes and apply them to the rendered (replacement) videos? I currently have color grading applied at the track level so that would be easy to put back.

Vegas Pro Version 20.0 (Build 326)
OS Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2
Processor    13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K   3.00 GHz
MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard
Installed RAM    64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable) 5200 MHz
Dual NVMe M.2 WD_BLACK SN850x 2000GB SSD
Intel UHD Graphics Driver 31.0.101.3302
NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1070 NVIDIA Studio Driver 528.49 (weak link for now)
Neat Reduce Noise 5.5.8 (64-bit)

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...