Can't Select GPU All Way "off"

3DFrog wrote on 12/21/2011, 11:48 AM
With Vegas Pro 10 I could select or turn-on GPU with version 11 build 511 I can't, didn't try first version of Vegas Pro 11 .

RAM 16GB
CPU AMD 6 cores
Graphic Card Quadro FX1800
The lastes drivers for this card is Release 276.42: 12/11/2011

Per Vegas help "Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later)." there is no 285.62 release for Quadro FX series.

Could I be incorrect?

Thank You in Advance

Comments

larry-peter wrote on 12/21/2011, 1:10 PM
I have a Quadro FX 1800 and thought I couldn't use GPU acceleration for lack of drivers. If you look at the supported devices that nvidea lists for the 285.62 drivers Quadro products are listed even though if you go through their "driver search" dialog boxes for Quadro drivers, it doesn't appear as an option. I installed 285.62 on my QuadroFX 1800 and voila! GPU acceleration. Hope it works for you.

Larry
3DFrog wrote on 12/21/2011, 7:01 PM
Which NVIDIA graphic card drivers did you use?

larry-peter wrote on 12/22/2011, 9:37 AM
I installed the 285.62 driver. I may not have communicated clearly, but when I saw so many users with this version I Googled it directly and got to a page on nVidea's site (different from the pages you're directed to when you do a "driver search") where it listed supported hardware for this driver version. The Quadro FX1800 and several others were listed as supported products. So I installed it and it has behaved perfectly.

Now I must add, I tried to find this page again last night so I could provide a direct link, and the pages I found listed only the Quadro FX mobile series as supported. But I promise it's working on my desktop and unless they've modified the driver without changing the build number, I would think it should work for you.
larry-peter wrote on 12/22/2011, 9:47 AM
OK, now that I'm back on the computer I did the search on, I realize that I did not find the hardware info on nVidea's site as I thought. It was Wikidrivers.

http://www.wikidrivers.com/wiki/Nvidia_ForceWare_285.62

Perhaps it could be dangerous in some situations to trust this over the manufacturer's info, but since it listed the FX1800 as supported, I gave it a shot and it has worked great so far, providing rendering and timeline GPU acceleration.