Comments

x_gogoa wrote on 9/19/2006, 6:24 AM
no capture at all with 5.6 drivers since device error report.
silence on both sony and blackmagic side.

any news?

regards,
gordan
farss wrote on 9/19/2006, 6:32 AM
According to the BMD site only 4.8.1 drivers work with Vegas 6, I've heard nothing to indicate that V7 should work with any later Rev drivers, has anyone??

Bob.
ForumAdmin wrote on 9/19/2006, 7:02 AM
Vegas 7.0a requires Decklink driver 5.6.
The Decklink folks apparently haven't updated their website for Vegas 7 yet- they do have this information.

Changes to the Decklink implementation in Vegas 7 include: multichannel audio I/O over SDI, insert edit to tape over SDI (per channel insert supported) , mixed timecode handling, 1080 24p I/O support over SDI, and 1080p and 720p timeline monitoring.

Analog capture and print to tape are _not_ supported. Component monitoring of the timeline is supported, and now includes 1080 24p and 720 24p.
x_gogoa wrote on 9/19/2006, 7:35 AM
in other words:
pull out decklink sd extreme.
spent some money and put decklink sd sdi.
it should work.

gordan
peteros wrote on 9/19/2006, 8:02 AM
The SMS support guys have advised me that only the SDI input of my card is recognized by V7a with Bmd 5.6 driver. The good news, though, is that are going to implement the component input support in a foreseeable update by modifying the capture settings.
Goran: the extreme card has both SDI and component inputs.
Coursedesign wrote on 9/19/2006, 8:04 AM
The Decklink Extreme card has inputs for just about everything: SDI, component, composite, and more.

Just use the Decklink capture utility to pull in component footage to a QT file. That's what I did I while waiting for Vegas to get DL support.
x_gogoa wrote on 9/19/2006, 8:46 AM
thanks guys.

after few reinstalls of vegas and decklink driver one thing is clear.
1. remove old decklink driver.
2. install vegas7
3. install decklink 5.6 driver.

now system works just like dr.dropout and forum admin said.

regards,
gordan