Capture Problem

jmb20 wrote on 2/23/2005, 5:04 AM
I am having a strange issue with my capture in Vegas 5, any help would be extemely appreciated.

I was using a GL2 from work and never had an issue, now I bought my own GL2 and this first time attempting to capture I am having a problem. My firewire connection is fine and I have used in many times prior and my DVC is definitely compatible with Vegas. When connected Vegas isn't seeing it and the automatic pop-up does not come up. Under the video section in capture it has one option which is "Cirrus Logic USB-DVR2 Source" I'm not sure if that is the issue as I'm not using a USB connection and I thought Vegas didn't even recognize or use USB for capture anyway. If anybody has had this problem or knows what might be going on please tell me what you know.

Comments

Spot|DSE wrote on 2/23/2005, 7:03 AM
Sounds like USB is trying to pick up the connection anyway.
Go into control panel, system, device manager, and see if you can see the camera there in either the Firewire or USB port. Uninstall it from both by right clicking. Then scan for hardware changes. See if that brings it back for you.
dpetto wrote on 2/23/2005, 3:52 PM
I too am having a similar problem. As soon as I hit the capture video tab a message that reads "The device 'Cirrus Logic USB-DVR2 Source' could not be opened." comes up followed by "Please make sure that it is turned on and is not being used by another application or user." Other software programs seem to see the camera and allow me to capture video, but Vegas 5 will not seem to cooperate. I followed your instructions using the device manager, but that didn't change my problem. Any other suggestions?
nickle wrote on 2/23/2005, 11:02 PM
This is the answer to a slightly different error message but worth checking out.

"The device 'No Capture Device' could not be opened. Please make sure that it is turned on and is not being used by another application or user."

The error occurs if the capture drive or folder does not exist. Go into Video Capture (To get to Video Capture, go into the File menu and select Capture Video), and into Options-->Preferences. Then click on the Disk Management tab to specify a valid capture location. Click on Add Folder to navigate to a location on your hard drive to store the captured files, and make sure that entry on the list has a checkmark on it before clicking Ok.