Is anyone out there still experiencing the CD burning problem in Vegas 4.0d? I am still losing the last 2 seconds or so everytime I Pre-render project to a temporary file before I burn a CD. Is this a bug in the software or in my system?
Thanks for any feedback
Yes, I just ran into exactly the same problem: had a CD with a length of 45min with an applause fade out at the end.
About 2 or 3 seconds before the "real" end audio stopped on the burned CD.
I have burned this Disc DAO and had prerendered it to a temporary file before.
I will try to burn the CD without prerendering it later.
There is something I found which might relate to the problem: my timeline started originally at 0:00:00:00, so Vegas should add 2 seconds.
But: switching the ruler format to "Time" after the CD track layout is finished shows, that the timeline now starts at 0:00:04:00 instead of 0:00:02:00.
If I am right these are exactly the 2 seconds that are missing at the end.
What do you think?
Same for me. It only happens on a pre-render. Consistent with 4 different workstations. All with Windows 2k. Hmm Are you using windows 2k?
Also, does anyone know if Sonic has fixed the Plextor CDR compatability issues?
I have a project I need to prerender, because my machine simply can't keep up the speed with some power consuming plugins.
The problem is that still the last 2 seconds of a prerendered projects are clipped of when playing the CD. Even when converting the DOA temp file into a wave file, one can see that the last 2 seconds are missing.
Maybe my system could burn the CD if Vegas would let ***me*** choose the burn speed instead of always burning at least at 4x speed not matter what I selected before...
I have a Plextor 8/2/20 SCSI burner with XP pro SP1.
It doesn't seem to matter what the length is, I just set up a temporary project to try and repro this. I added a mixed song to a track at the beginning of the timeline, then added a part to the end of this track with myself counting from 1 to 4, and spaced the timing about 1.5 seconds apart in my counting. Upon playing back the CD I heard myself only counting to "three"...."four" got cut off. That would be about 2 seconds.
My project timeline started in Smpte 29.97. I added CD track ID's Totat duration of the project was 5:02 in duration. I added 5 CD track ID's evenly spread through the duration of the project.
My Repro Steps:
1. Open Pre-existing .Veg project with no audio on any tracks. Timeline set to Smpte 29.97
2. Recorded myself counting to 4
3. Drag and drop 44.1/16bit .Wav to new track2, timeline starting at beginning 0:00
4. Drag counting event from track1 to the end of track2
5. Do 3 splits on that event, and spread them apart.
6. Locate Cursor to beginning of project, hit "N" key to add CD track ID.
7. Timeline changes to "Audio CD time" (which I really dislike this feature BTW)
8. Add 4 additional Track ID's spread evenly through the project (total of 5 CD tracks)
9. Double click above Timeline to select entire project.
10. Select Burn CD "Disc at once audio Cd"
11. Select render to temporary image before burning.
12. Burn at "Max" speed...(which happens to be 8X for this burner)
13. Hit "Ok"
I just got a new Pioneer DVD IDE burner, which also burns CD's. I haven't installed it yet, but could do that and verify if it's a problem just with Plextor drives.
At the end of the project I have a long fade out. The fade was originally created by a region based fade.
First I dragged the CD End Index 2 sec further on the timeline. This did not cure the problem.
Then I removed the region based fade at the end and re-created it with the track volume curve. After the actual -inf dB point I extended the last region so that it played for 2 more seconds at absolute silence.
This procedure at last allowed to render the project properly.
Had the 2 second problem. Without pre-rendering it has been solid though I don't like watching all the under runs even at 4x.
When I had the 2 second problem with v4d the pre-render went way too fast, about 25% of the time I would have expected. It was like the effects were bypassed. Again the non-pre-render was in line with what I expected time wise.