CDA Build 105- 16 megs of ???

Roboburger wrote on 1/13/2004, 10:49 AM
So I Just bought CDA5, because I was sick of only getting to use my 4x burner- the only CD burner I had supported by 4.0, and I regestered it and went to see if there were any Build Upgrades, as my build was 93.

And there was one, a 16 meg file of Build 105, so I downloaded it.

It does nothing. I saved it to my computer and then ran the file and nothing happens. CDA still says build 93

anyone?

Comments

Geoff_Wood wrote on 1/14/2004, 11:21 AM
What do the 'Release Notes' say ? I would imagine that build 93 to 105 would be a very minor bug-fix.

So why didn't you use the generic "ATAPI or SCSI MMC-Compatible driver in V4 and use all your drive speeds ?

geoff
Roboburger wrote on 1/19/2004, 4:04 PM
>What do the 'Release Notes' say ? I would imagine that build 93 to 105 would be a very minor bug-fix.

Maybe so, but it might be a bug relavent to me! I'm not too worried about it, I just found it funny to download 16 megs and get an unexecuteable file...

>So why didn't you use the generic "ATAPI or SCSI MMC-Compatible driver in V4 and use all your drive speeds ?

that one gets a HUH? from me. I emailed my problem, that CDA4 wasn't seeing my new CDburner drive, to tech support and they said that CDA4 only supported certain drives. HOWEVER this email exchange took place back in the dark dark days when SF was saying they were dropping CD architect from their product line. There might be a workaround nowadays.

Besides, I absolutly love the ability to use non-destructive plug-ins! so CDA5 was worth the 99 bucks.
Rednroll wrote on 1/23/2004, 4:41 PM
It sounds like you're definately having some compatibility issue with the CD architect installer and your system. Build 105 should be able to run and install, even if you don't have build 93 installed on your PC. Build 105 is a complete install, and not just an update. If should run, and then detect that build 93 is installed and ask if you want to do an update. If you don't have build 93 installed it will do a full new install and prompt you for the registration information after it is complete. You probably need to contact tech support and give them your OS and system specifications. They might have some registry alteration suggestions to get the executable to run properly.

As far as v4.0, you should have been able to use the MMC compatible drivers and if your burner is MMC compatible, then CDA 4.0 should be able to burn at rates higher than 4x. I've been able to do this on my non supported 8x burners.