CDA Burning Problem

Stevec wrote on 3/14/2008, 12:42 PM
Background: I upgraded to CDA 5.2 because I got a new PC which is running Vista.

I mostly use CDA to create mix CDs with crossfades/segues. When I go to burn them the actual burning process is taking hours. I've tried with the setting on MAX speed, both with the buffer overrun checked and unchecked. The result is the same. On the small box that comes up when it is burning the approximate times and burning speeds are wild and constantly changing from things like taking 136 mins at 350X speed to some other time running at like 0.4 speed. It takes five or more minutes to gain a single percentage.

I have an HP Pavillion machine. I contacted Sony Tech Support and they suggested I update the firmware on the CD/DVD R Combo, which I did. I also just got the latest CDA update to 5.2d, but I'm still having the problem. I also have the problem when it is in Test Burn mode as well as when I bypass the Test and just try to burn it.

Any possible ideas or solutions? Sony TS is saying its my drive; HP is saying its the software. However I have used other applications such as Roxio to make copies and MSMedia Player to extract songs from CDs as well as burn and they all do the job properly taking usually less than 10 mins to copy a CD.

I have all these collections I have made in CDA and unless I want it have it burn over the course of 100 some hours...well, you get the picture. This really frustrating.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. This topic may have come up before, but with over 1,000 threads its a little inefficient to start reading the titles of each.

Thanks

Comments

Kennymusicman wrote on 3/14/2008, 12:58 PM
Try a test running it under adminstrator mode - sometimes a permission issue can rear its head in fashions such as this..., if no joy, try running it under "compatiblity mode" too (right click on the shortcut and select properties to find compatiblity mode)

Also, there are other settings to look at in device manager, but lets eliminate the easy stuff first.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 3/16/2008, 3:42 PM
CDA works fine for most people, so there is nothing inherently wrong with there. However there may be some interaction with your writer, media, coputer hardware, or Windows install.

Please clarify that you have NOT go lots of (esp high demand) plugins on multiple events. These all run concurrently and can sap your CPU to draw out a write or pre-render.

geoff