Comments

jetdv wrote on 2/1/2023, 8:26 AM

How are the captions added? Are they Titles and Text? If yes...

- This will let you change the text, font, font size, etc...

Karma wrote on 2/1/2023, 10:11 AM

TNX. I was talking about srt file imported to the project, not opening a new title. Is it possible to change it?
Also, a multiple Titles & Text, not one by one.
I appreciate it.

jetdv wrote on 2/1/2023, 10:22 AM

The tutorials I referenced above will allow you to change a titles and text. The code can be modified to work on multiple text events so if you imported the srt file and it created 100 titles and text events, the script could then go through all 100 text events and modify them in some way - font, font size, etc...

To give a concrete example, I'd need a concrete project and good description of what you are wanting to do. It also might be possible to change the SRT file but I don't have any examples.

Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what you are doing and you've not given a full description of what you are doing. If it is creating text events, they *CAN* be modified as illustrated in those tutorials. But for a tutorial specific to your case, I would need a lot more information.

Karma wrote on 2/1/2023, 10:41 AM

You are amazing. I'll send it here. Tnx

Karma wrote on 2/1/2023, 10:46 AM

I can't upload Srt here 😵‍💫

Former user wrote on 2/1/2023, 11:03 AM

@Karma Try Google Drive to share the SRT file,

Open Google, top right there's a square of 9 little dots,

Open Google Drive, drag your SRT on there,

Once loaded right click on the file, - Share

A window will pop up, click at the bottom & choose 'Anyone with the link',

Copy link & share on here using the chain button at the top of a new comment. 👍

jetdv wrote on 2/1/2023, 4:44 PM

To share here, you'd have to copy/paste the text. That's not one of the formats allowed for uploading here. I wish it allowed for more that video and image files. Even VEG or ZIP files would be nice.

Karma wrote on 2/1/2023, 5:14 PM

TNX. A standard subtitle - Heebo font style (or anything but Arial), size 22, with some black background halo.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frP0vDTwgmudEHQ5sK20xZPo-PFrbl1i/view?usp=share_link

jetdv wrote on 2/2/2023, 8:21 AM

@Karma, first of all, your link is not shared. I saw no download option.

Secondly, could you please provide more information about what your timeline looks like? Are you importing those into Titles and Text (you haven't even said that yet)?

Honestly, I rather see the VEG file than the SRT file. Although having both could be helpful.

Karma wrote on 2/2/2023, 8:52 AM

Please. retry. I don't need a project. Import it into a new empty one. It is still' not imported as I edited it. You may open it in notepad and see.

jetdv wrote on 2/2/2023, 9:10 AM

First of all, the "srt" file does not specify any font, size, or background.

Secondly, importing it created a bunch of closed captioning markers on the timeline unless you are importing it in some other way.

So it would be really helpful to see how you are using this file. Are you importing them as closed captions? Or are you doing something to import them as titles and text?

If you're importing them as closed captions, I'm not sure what options you have to change the font and font size (haven't really done a whole lot with closed captions).

Karma wrote on 2/2/2023, 9:17 AM

Hi, I imrport this SRT from the insert option - Insert Subtitles from File. Are you familiar with it?

jetdv wrote on 2/2/2023, 9:38 AM

Open Titles and Text. Change the text to the font, size, color, etc... that you want as your default. Save this as a new preset (like Karma Subtitle). Then when you choose to import, pick "Karma Subtitle" as the preset to use instead of "subtitle".

Karma wrote on 2/2/2023, 10:03 AM

Tnx. When importing srt it doesn't have this option, but importing.

DMT3 wrote on 2/2/2023, 10:08 AM

You don't get this screen when you insert subtitles?

Karma wrote on 2/2/2023, 10:19 AM

Oh.. I do., I shall try. You're amazing. Tnx

Karma wrote on 2/3/2023, 1:31 AM

Wow! You're a genius. There isn't any tutorial about it.. better make one ;) Thanks