Comments

BobWard wrote on 4/9/2011, 8:36 PM
I just let it use the default location. Then when I am done with a project, I just move the files over to my external hard drive.
GaryDZ wrote on 4/9/2011, 9:31 PM
Maybe not the answer he wanted. Some people, like myself, like things a certain way.

Click on Project, then Properties. Then select the Folders tab. The default locations for Recorded files and Prerendered files are there. I do not see any other place to change file locations except for temporary files. Will this work for you?
knockatoone wrote on 4/11/2011, 6:33 PM
Thanks guys
Bob -with your idea I think you will find that if you ever want to go back and make some chnges to the project after you have moved it all, you could have a nightmare trying to get the files back where they came from and where the project ".vf file will look for them. I say this because I will forget and move a file that is in an on going project and the project .vf file is not happy when it can not find it...
Gary - That is what I do now - but I try to save each file as I go thru to the burn = the .vf, then the m2v, then the dar, the iso, then ...... :-) and each time I have to reset the where to save location -just a pain

Thanks to both for your thoughts. K
Dave W wrote on 2/5/2013, 4:29 PM
You and I have the same desire. With every Sony media software I use, I have been able to change the desination folders for "saved" and "temporary files" to my dedicated Media Drive and delete the default folders. Vegas Movie Studio HD 10 seems to want to target "Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 Projects" folder in "My Documents" by default. Even if you make the appropriate changes in "Preferences" and also in "Project Properties" and delete the folder "Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 Projects" this dead folder will re-write every time you start the program. Am I missing something?