Check this link

zcus wrote on 8/19/2008, 7:58 PM
Found this while looking for some HDR software - either this is some former Sonic Foundry guys or a blaitant rip off of Vegas...

http://www.mediachance.com/video/index.html

Haven't tried it YET... Because im WAITING ON Vegas Pro 8C!!! and 64bit

Get the ball rollin sony... this is way too long a wait - very dissapointed!! I was once very proud and loyal to this product but I'm losing faith with each release and the silence on your part??? Let us know what is going on FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Comments

John_Cline wrote on 8/19/2008, 10:23 PM
Chill
TheHappyFriar wrote on 8/19/2008, 10:30 PM
wow... looks just like vegas minus the hello kitty interface. :)
John_Cline wrote on 8/19/2008, 10:42 PM
My version of Vegas didn't come with the Hello Kitty interface, did you have to pay extra for that?
Grazie wrote on 8/19/2008, 10:50 PM
Noted: The plugin developer option

Hellooo!

Grazie
TheHappyFriar wrote on 8/19/2008, 11:26 PM
My version of Vegas didn't come with the Hello Kitty interface, did you have to pay extra for that?

Yup. Had to pay extra to have the motion paths no longer displayed in pan/crop too. :)
TLF wrote on 8/20/2008, 1:06 AM
I tried version 5 of the software.

It crashed constantly, rendering it completely unusable. And that was with plain flavoured AVI files.

Wouldn't touch it.
bsuratt wrote on 8/20/2008, 8:20 AM
Pricing is kinda screwy... Editor with "high end" encoder is less than DVD authoring program?

Also, a bit shallow and evasive on HDV/AVCHD editing and smartrendering.

Doesn't appear to be Vista compatible.

But, Magix ain't too shabby at that price point.
Laurence wrote on 8/20/2008, 8:24 AM
Until it runs my collection of Scripts, I'm not interested. Ditto on FCP, Adobe, etc.
zcus wrote on 8/20/2008, 11:19 AM
I wasn't putting it up against Vegas Pro 8 - just saying that it looks like the interface was just like Vegas in many ways. It doesn't have any of the audio goodies that Vegas has, and that is probably the only thing that keeps me from switching to another NLE...
But I'm just sick of the waiting and the disappointments with the last 3 revisions - and sony's complete silence as to what is taking so long for 8C and what is comming in the future.

I came abord (from Matrox/Adobe) earily Vegas 3 and LOVED IT!!! And when Vegas 4 came out it was ground breaking - every other NLE scrambled to get scopes and 5.1 surround sound implemented. I even went back to the Matrox fourms and boasted about Vegas and I do believe alot of people defected from Matrox's limited "2 realtime layers" to have no limites editing that Vegas offered for an outstanding price.

But that has all changed now... Where the ones that are behind and trying to implement things that other NLE have like 32 bit float (that don't work for most)

I am thinking about going back to Matrox/Adobe as of late actually - there not so secretive and anounce on there fourms what is comming in the future and the support is very good. But I still hate premiere.

I am not trying to start a flaming war. I respect alot of the talented people on these forums and there help - I'm just stating what I think about Vegas and it's progress. I really hope it all works it self out soon cause i still love Vegas.
riredale wrote on 8/20/2008, 5:34 PM
I know nothing about this editor, but their DVD authoring program (DVDLabPro) is amazing--a cross between Scenarist and Maestro. Seriously, a remarkable program, in my view. Funny, but it seems to be largely the output of just one guy, a fellow named Oscar.

I've used DVDLabPro for many projects, and have barely scratched the surface. And--like Vegas--the program has been utterly stable.
Steve_Rhoden wrote on 8/21/2008, 6:15 AM
Zcus,
Just be a little patient.
From the link you have provided, That is not coincidence. That is a deliberate marketing ploy from that software creators in duplicating the features and interface
of Sony Vegas. It is as clear as day...it wont work though.

And for those doubting the future and originality of Vegas....Its not going anywhere,
and will continue to set and pioneer more trends and features in the future.
CorTed wrote on 8/21/2008, 8:25 AM
Steve Rhoden,
Just curious. Do you know something we don't?
JJKizak wrote on 8/21/2008, 9:07 AM
I was hoping that Vegas would integrate a third party Dragon Speaking to install a subtitle track automatically on a separate track so it can be edited for mistakes. We could call it ASTC for short. (Automatic Subtitle Track Creation)
JJK