Chroma-keying problem

Sappy wrote on 12/4/2016, 3:00 PM

Hello! I am a new member of the forums. I have a problem though, as I'm trying to do a green-screen technique where the music plays in the background for a while and then a video pops up. I can't do this without the green screen though, as the video pop-up transition is pre-made. So when I try to chroma-key, everything works fine, except that in the video that was supposed to pop-up, all my shades of green were wiped out. This included blue-green and turquoise. Since the only colour I wanted to remove was that neon green, and not any other shades of green, is it possible to only chroma-key a certain colour number and not the entire color spectrum of it? Or is there another way to do that pre-made transition? Thanks!

Comments

John222 wrote on 12/4/2016, 5:34 PM

Posting a clip would help.

GregFlowers wrote on 12/4/2016, 6:26 PM

I'm assuming you added the chroma key filter to a clip and not to the track level or project level. Go to the end of your clip on the timeline and press the event effects button which will open up all of the filter effects you have added to the clip. Click on the chroma keyer filter to select it. Turn the chroma keyer off by unchecking the box labeled chroma keyer. Then use the dropper to select just the neon green color you want gone. Turn the chroma keyer back on by checking the box. Then use the sliders to fine adjust the range of green.

Sappy wrote on 12/4/2016, 6:31 PM

Actually, I've decided to do an alpha channel instead. Thanks anyways.