Comments

Former user wrote on 3/9/2020, 10:25 PM

DVDA does not support closed captioning. The toggling off and on of closed captions is normally controlled by the TV. Subtitles are controlled by the DVD and depending upon the player, can be toggled off and on.

tim-ballard wrote on 3/10/2020, 11:38 AM

Thank you so much for the detailed reply. May I ask - if I create a DVD using DVD architect and I attach a .srt or .scc file for captions, will it be able to be turned on/off by the viewer when watching on their TV or is that something that needs to be done by software outside of DVD architect?

Former user wrote on 3/10/2020, 5:03 PM

A DVD will not recognize an attachment. It has to be encoded by the DVD authoring program. You might be able to create a NON-VIDEO DVD that has the video file with the CC as a side attachment (like youtube works) but I don't know how to do that.

john-baker wrote on 3/13/2020, 5:00 PM

@tim-ballard

In addition to @Former user comment

'Subtitles are controlled by the DVD and depending upon the player, can be toggled off and on'

Some players do not recognise the 'Subtitle off' command, however you can achieve the same effect by adding a second subtitle track, leave this empty and set the Subtitle Off button to the empty subtitle track.

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VPX, MEP Premium, MEP Pro Premium, Video Pro X4, MEP 2016, and earlier versions, Music Maker Premium, Music Maker 2016, 2015, DVD Architect 7 build 100..

Running Windows 10 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 60Gb internal SSD, + 6 x 2Tb ext HDDs, Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Contour HD 1080 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.