Computer locks up when rendering

Collie wrote on 7/17/2001, 5:30 PM
I recently purchased VF and put together a 1 minute test. It renders fine for streaming media but, except for once instance, locks up or reboots the computer when trying to render the file to an MPEG or AVI using the default or any other template. I have plenty of disk space and RAM, processing speed is not an issue. The VF tech couldn't discern the problem. Any ideas? Thanks.

Collie

Comments

wvg wrote on 7/17/2001, 9:27 PM
Actually processing speed COULD be the issue. I had the same kind of lock up that would totally freeze my AMD 1200 Mhz sytem at random points across all kinds of videos anywhere from mini 30 second ones to those playing over 30 minutes every time I tried to render the file regardless of template.

Then more out of desperation than anything else I dropped the clock speed of my CPU from the default 1200Mhz down to 1166 and VideoFactory has been as stable as a two ton rock ever since.

Just got done rendering a VCD NTSC MPG from a 20GB composite AVI video under Windows 98SE with a running time of 35 minutes. See my post of a few days ago to learn how I did it. :-)