Continual Crashes with 'StackHash' Error

Beatdemon wrote on 2/6/2016, 1:31 PM
I'm at my wit's end here trying to simply render a Sony AVC MP4 file from different camera video:

Canon 70D
GoPro
Canon 6D

Here is one the EventData Details in Error Reporting Log:

vegas130.exe
55720ce9
ntdll.dll
c0000374
00000000000bffc2
01d1610dc3efabfb
C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 13.0\vegas130.exe
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
d41bb898-cd03-11e5-b4c8-c86000c161c5

This is another error I found also:

"Unable to recover from a kernel exception. The application must close. Error code: 3 Visit http://www.nvidia.com/page/support.html for more information."

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening or a workaround?

Comments

jrazz wrote on 2/6/2016, 1:39 PM
If it is asking you to visit nvidia, then it might be a gpu issue. You should be able to turn that feature off in the render settings if it is on. You can also try upgrading your drivers for your graphics card to see if that helps. Has this always been an issue? Does it do it on other containers or codecs? Have you tried rendering out to sony mxf format and then rendering to mp4 from there?

j razz
Beatdemon wrote on 2/6/2016, 5:36 PM
Thanks for the reply. I did try rendering with other codecs, as well as Sony MXF and it seems that every time it hangs, it does so on the GoPro footage. I have the different camera angles cutting in and out so it seems the culprit is the GoPro footage.

I've tried using Catalyst to re-encode that footage to no avail. I've updated all my drivers too. This is insane. I've been working all day trying to render this video for a NAMM recap on Monday.
jrazz wrote on 2/6/2016, 8:39 PM
Can you bring it into windows movie maker or iMovie and export it from there? Also, it wouldn't hurt to try using this: https://gopro.com/software-app/gopro-studio-edit-software If none of those work, then it is definitely the footage.

j razz
Beatdemon wrote on 2/8/2016, 2:06 PM
It is the GoPro footage, mixed with the other camera footage that is causing the trouble. I have been able to successfully render the GoPro and other camera footage, separately as MFX renders and then pull them in as 2 different video tracks. It's a pain, but at least it works this way. Oddly, the GoPro footage still gave me grief even after I transcoded it to another format. At any rate, this seems to be the only workaround.
jrazz wrote on 2/8/2016, 4:22 PM
Glad you found a work around! Sorry it had to be a work around, but at least you can finish out your project now.

j razz