continuing crush in vegas pro12

Dorita wrote on 2/21/2013, 6:03 AM
Extra Information
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\dx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\svfx_video_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\ocio_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\dx_grovel_x64.log
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\vst_grovel.log
File: C:\Users\Dorita\AppData\Local\Sony\Vegas Pro\12.0\gpu_video_x64.log
File: D:\shimeon shenhar\dgs\clipsport.veg

Problem Description
Application Name: Vegas Pro
Application Version: Version 12.0 (Build 486) 64-bit
Problem: Unmanaged Exception (0xc0000005)
Fault Module: C:\Windows\system32\nvopencl.dll
Fault Address: 0x000007FEEA536923
Fault Offset: 0x00000000000B6923

Fault Process Details
Process Path: C:\Program Files\Sony\Vegas Pro 12.0\vegas120.exe
Process Version: Version 12.0 (Build 486) 64-bit
Process Description: Vegas Pro
Process Image Date: 2013-01-23 (Wed Jan 23) 08:28:16
if you ask when it happens most of the time when i want to reviww a clip in trimer- the other problem is that after a certain number of clips in the project I cant view them in thumbnails only list Pls do something tks
Dorita

Comments

dlion wrote on 2/21/2013, 8:26 AM
some folks have had problems with the thumbnails display. try turning it off to see if that stops the crash.

if the crashes stop, you'll at least be able to work. depending on the type of clip, you could open in trimmer to view or perhaps view thumbnails in windows explorer...
JBird wrote on 2/21/2013, 12:44 PM
Several people (including myself) are having problems with build 486, all related to the Media Bin. The latest STABLE version of Vegas Pro12 is Version 394. If you still have a copy of VegasPro12.394 Try deleting Vegas and re-loading 394. So far, that seems to make everyone's problems go away. Apparantly, Sony blew it with the 486 update.
Marc S wrote on 2/21/2013, 1:38 PM
I've been using the latest version on a project and have had major crash problems that seem related to thumbnails in the project media window. Turning them off did help but I feel blind. Will try the earlier version.
Colin Basterfield wrote on 2/21/2013, 3:42 PM
I'm using build 486, and am still having crash problems. I am just about to put my media on a int sata 6 drive rather than the ext hdd - USB drive. If that still causes a problem I might try, for good measure, putting it on the SSD drive. I'll also try with the thumbnails switched off.

It's all very tedious frankly...
Colin Basterfield wrote on 2/21/2013, 4:31 PM
OK, I turned off thumbnails, I've begun rebuilding the project from scratch, by first copying all the media I'll use onto the sata drive and then importing into the project. Still it crashes.

My major crash point seems to be when I play the time line and watch it on video preview. The 'pointer' is still moving along the timeline, but the video preview screen freezes, and then on the Sony Vegas Pro 12 window title bar, it adds, (Not Responding). It never recovers from that, however long one waits. I have to close the program.

Upon restart it does recognize that it didn't close properly and do I want to load from Auto Save, so I don't always lose everything I've done, and I am saving regularly.

I did have a support request in, and they did provide some insight, but then I kept getting emails saying the support request would be closed unless I gave them more information to work with, but I couldn't, so it got closed and as far as they are concerned the problem is solved, but, and with all due respect, of course it isn't.

While I appreciate that with all the different builds of machines out here in the big wide world, it is very difficult to test all the scenarios. As a software engineer of some 20+ years, I do know the adage of "but it works on my machine.' However I would be very keen to hear about their integration / release process, and whether they use SCRUM / Agile to drive an iterative process when bringing out new features.

I know one thing, I've wasted countless hours, closing and restarting Vegas Pro 12, build 486.

SIGH
rmack350 wrote on 2/21/2013, 5:54 PM
I know one thing, I've wasted countless hours, closing and restarting Vegas Pro 12, build 486.

This is when having the Vegas executable on an SSD would help. Or the entire system on an SSD so you can reboot faster.

I assume you've turned off every last trace of GPU acceleration? I'd start there to get to some sort of baseline.

Rob
Colin Basterfield wrote on 2/21/2013, 7:40 PM
Hi Rob,

I have all my executables installed on the SSD, but the projects are now on the internal sata 6 drive.

I have tried with the GPU accelerator off, but not since I moved the project to the sata 6 drive.

Thanks for the help though, it's really appreciated.
Colin
Ros wrote on 2/22/2013, 11:21 AM
Using with V12 build 486, I have never had so many crashes in all my Vegas history which goes back to V3

Now, I just want to be cautious here, I started a new project with mixed sources and V12 crashes under different circumstances where I just can't pin point the problem but could be a memory issue.....

I will try to finish off this project and continue one that I started on build 394 with just EX1 footage, which was very stable with build 394, and see how it goes under build 486.