Cool Toys For For Good Girls And Boys

Butch Moore wrote on 12/25/2008, 4:48 AM
Ho! Ho! Ho! It's time to anti-up the cool stuff that Santa brought us for Christmas!

My sweet sister remembered me mentioning something I needed a few months back and bought me a Behringer POWERPLAY PRO-XL HA4700 4 channel headphone amp. Perhaps not top of the line...but a pretty cool present.

Our family, like many, had members we missed this year. But, we were blessed to get to be together during the holiday. My thanks to everyone on this forum for the help provided this year!...and to everyone at Sony for producing a great product!

Okay everybody...what d'ya get?

Comments

FrigidNDEditing wrote on 12/25/2008, 7:58 AM
Some absolutely great clients that I worked with (and whom I am pleased to have an ongoing contract with), heard me talking a couple months back about how I wanted to get a nice tube mic for V/O work, so I could take my Shotgun and leave it in my traveling audio case all the time.

Christmas time rolled around and yesterday afternoon i got a shipment from them with an AT-3060 tube mic for V/O work, and I have to say that I really really do like this mic. It seems to have a very bright but still full sound, and I can't tell you how happy I was to hook this up and try it out.

Certainly something they didn't have to do, and yet, they were thoughtful enough to do as appreciation for the years work. Good Clients are worth their weight in gold ( apart from their keeping me making money :) ).

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Dave
J_Mac wrote on 12/25/2008, 11:37 AM
I got a cool acrylic and stainless tube desk, www.AirDesk.com,
for my shorter projects. My wife got it for me to get me out of my office and into the "family flow". Seems to be just what I need for my laptop and an external HD to work in the living room. John
dand9959 wrote on 12/25/2008, 12:05 PM
Cold weather wear (Under Armor) for all those cold winter nights spent on the sidelines shooting sporting events.
earthrisers wrote on 12/25/2008, 2:20 PM
A bandmate bought me and my wife each one of those nifty little tuners that clip on to the head of your guitar, bass, mandolin...
We had admired his when he showed it to us before our most recent gig, and he took that to heart.
Nice move.
RNLVideo wrote on 12/25/2008, 6:59 PM
Finally, I can easily access those spare SATA drives that don't have enclosures... My wife and son take a great hint :) eSata, Firewire 800 / 400 and USB connections make it versitile.

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Newer%20Technology/FWU2ESHDK/

Rick
eVoke wrote on 12/26/2008, 5:39 AM
My wife got me dual 24 inch Gateway FHD2401 LCD monitors.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/290FPS/DSCF1539.jpg
UlfLaursen wrote on 12/26/2008, 8:10 AM
hmmm - which nightclass did she take to learn to do that? My wife has not taken that class for sure :-)

Nice ones though :-)

/Ulf
CClub wrote on 12/26/2008, 8:28 AM
The Western Digital Media Player ( and 500 GB Passport HDD) people on this forum have been talking about, a Wacom Bamboo tablet for some Photoshop photo prep, and a Reflexion Filter and pop filter to record some audio here and there.
The Kid wrote on 12/26/2008, 11:48 PM
Me two digital juice theme kits Ho Ho Ho
CorTed wrote on 12/27/2008, 9:04 AM
Got me Ultimate S 4.0 Sofar I like it a lot
They also got me reelpak1 film looks, but i got to figure out how to download it still......

Ted
CClub wrote on 12/27/2008, 2:31 PM
You will not go wrong with the Reelpaks... I have a couple of them, and I use them far more than the Magic Bullet Looks, even the new Looks version. They don't hamper the Preview fps as the Looks fx do.
Seth wrote on 12/27/2008, 4:27 PM
I got black socks. 5 pair.
Rory Cooper wrote on 12/28/2008, 10:00 PM
No,no,no

You should have insisted on coat hangers, which at some time “no one knows” morph into socks that’s why you are always short of hangers and have
one odd sock

love to get this on film though

ushere wrote on 12/28/2008, 10:15 PM
more handkerchiefs to cry into. can't anybody take a hint? all i wanted was a new, adjustable matt box....
Editguy43 wrote on 12/28/2008, 10:50 PM
Stargate Atlantis season 1 and 2 Smartsound CDs + wooden spoons
RexA wrote on 12/30/2008, 11:50 PM
I had it on good authority from a trusted friend that the dust balls under your bed were the larval stage of coat hangers. He said if you vacuum on a regular basis your closet won't fill with extra coat hangers.

My theory was that hot, spinning air can create a small black hole-like phenomenon. It can happen in your dryer and is why you have the sock that is missing a mate. (Or several.)

Then there is the steep-hill cows. Living on the side of steep hills for a long time, they have evolved longer legs on one side. There are two types: the clockwise and the counter clockwise (some call them anti). Although they look alike, they are separate because they can only breed amongst their own group.

You know the story "Romeo and Juliet". Imagine Romeo tumbling down the hill.

Happy New Year.
Rory Cooper wrote on 12/31/2008, 3:17 AM
RexA I see you have already had an early start for tonight

Rory