Corrupt Audio With Vegas & DVD Architect

dsg1963 wrote on 3/19/2005, 6:01 PM
I'm a newbie to digital video & audio, and am having a problem. I've been using Vegas Studio & DVDA Studio to make DVDs of home movies for a couple of months, and recently ran into a problem for the first time. I'd appreciate any help you could offer.

I have created a movie in mpeg-2 format. The video was silent so I added an audio track of music I ripped to wav files. In DVDA I created a menu for the DVD. When I preview the DVD in DVDA, the video looks perfect and the audio sounds perfect. When I make the DVD in DVDA, it tells me it is compressing my audio. When I play the final DVD, the audio is distorted with pops and other distortions. However, some of the audio sounds just fine.

I have run out of ideas. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what I could do to correct this?

Comments

scifly2 wrote on 3/25/2005, 9:26 PM
Have you normalized the audio first in Vegas Studio ?
dsg1963 wrote on 3/26/2005, 5:51 AM
No I haven't, though I have lowered the volume, but that did not work. What does normalizing actually do?

The strange thing is that when I play the DVD on my PC the audio is perfect, but when I put it in the DVD player, I get distortion.
scifly2 wrote on 3/27/2005, 10:35 PM
When set properly, normalization will adjust the level up or down so that the highest peak will come just below 0 db ( -0.1 db ) below the point of clipping. This is only after the audio has been captured however.