Create a MP4 streaming file??

cazz wrote on 6/20/2009, 11:54 AM
Hi
How do I create a MP4 file that I can stream through a flash player?
Right now I have to create a MP4 file, then open with Handbrake and pick "Web optimized" and then start to creat another MP4 file.
the quality is not good at all.

Right now I trying to create a AVI file with best Quality to use Handbrake but is that any easy to make a streaming MP4 file.

Comments

MarkWWW wrote on 6/21/2009, 6:33 AM
This procedure shouldn't affect the quality of the MP4 - you aren't supposed to be re-encoding it, just re-ordering the elements in it. Specifically you are relocating the "moov" atom to the beginning of the file (where it allows streaming) from the end (where the Vegas puts it). Perhaps you have some of the settings in Handbrake wrong so that you are actually re-coding the file and losing quality?

Anyway, try this free one-click solution as a simpler alternative to running it through Handbrake.

Mark
Houston Haynes wrote on 6/21/2009, 10:14 AM
There's also an Adobe Flex mini-app that will put the streaming bit at the front of an MP4 file without re-compressing, but I can't lay my eyes on it at the moment. There's also an MP4 Metadata mover here: http://rndware.info/content/MetadataMover