Cursor centered on screen by Vegas 6

mdopp wrote on 5/6/2005, 7:40 AM
Has anyone noticed this:
Everytime the main window of Vegas 6 either gets or looses the focus it places the cursor right in the center of the screen.
This is a very uncommon behaviour for any windows application and quite annoying since it interrupts your normal mouse workflow. Previous versions of Vegas didn't do this.
Will this issue be corrected in the next update ?

Comments

rmack350 wrote on 5/6/2005, 7:52 AM
Doesn't happen for me.

Is this a real issue? does it need to be fixed? Maybe there's something special about my setup but mouse focus works just fine. But I suspect it's something with your system.

Rob Mack
GaryKleiner wrote on 5/6/2005, 8:38 AM
I'm not seeing this either.

Gary
mdopp wrote on 5/6/2005, 10:29 AM
I've got it nailed down.
It was an issue with my secondary display. I had it set to "Automatic Size Setting". So everytime I switched applications (or played back material of different resolution, i.e. DV versus HDV) Vegas 6 made the secondary display to switch video modes.
When this happened the cursor always got relocated to the center of the primary display. I am using Nvidia Forceware 71.89 drivers. Now I fixed the resolution of the secondary display and the problem is gone.

Cheesehole wrote on 5/6/2005, 11:29 AM
I have seen Vegas 6 do this about a dozen times. (Other users have reported it also.) Every once in a while, when switching from Vegas or switching to Vegas - I haven't nailed it down - the cursor jumps to the middle of my display. I was not using the secondary monitor.

It doesn't happen often enough to be annoying, but it does interrupt my "flow" every once in a while!