Customer service

TorS wrote on 11/29/2004, 8:21 AM
I never thought I'd post a "serial number wanted" message, and I won't. :)
I have contacted Customer service via the proper. internet page. The stupid thing about that process is that it does not give me a recipt, like "your message is now on its way to the bottom of a big pile" etc. Instead I get sent to another page urging me to sign up for an account - about which there is no information. Naturally I don't sign up for it, that was not what I came for. But having refused, I'm even more uncertain about whether or not my message is on its way. And as the day passes (a day being what I think should be plenty time to deal with the matter) I wonder, should I send the message again, or just gripe a little on the forum.
Tor

Comments

garo wrote on 11/29/2004, 8:25 AM
what is it you want to accomplish precisely?

drop me line at gerrie'at'glocalnet.net if you like

//Garo
TorS wrote on 11/29/2004, 8:58 AM
Very simple: I have just installed Vegas 5 (bought in May) and have not received - or can not find - the confirmation email. I am not asking anyone other than Sony to help me here.
Tor
TheHappyFriar wrote on 11/29/2004, 9:03 AM
you must sign up. It's seperate from your forum account (i think).

Why just not call them? If you have your reciept still they could probley give you an activation # over the phone.

Isn't it a little long to be waiting for a confirmation mail too? It's been many months. I would of contacted them within 7 days.
TorS wrote on 11/29/2004, 9:12 AM
Well. I have not waited for it. I only just installed XP, but I bought the Vegas upgrade in May to make use of the introduction price. And like I said, I'm not absolutely sure I have not got the mail. I'm only certain I don't have it.
I called earlier today, but didn't get through. Trying again now.
Tor
TorS wrote on 11/29/2004, 9:20 AM
Phone took care of it. They're emailing me now. I didn't know the confirmation emails were programmed to self-destruct. :-)
Tor
kentwolf wrote on 11/29/2004, 10:29 PM
>>I didn't know the confirmation emails were programmed to self-destruct.

I always save a *.txt version of any e-mails for something for which I paid money.

Makes life easier down the road...
TorS wrote on 11/29/2004, 11:33 PM
Well at least I kept the printout of the receipt produced when I paid over the net. I wonder what had happened if I didn't.
Good advise there, kentwolf. Hang on to receipts and back up confirmation emails. Here endeth the lesson.
Tor