DDP and VST support

mcz wrote on 2/21/2007, 1:43 AM
I find CD Architect to be an excellent way of compiling a CD to redbook standard. However, Is there a way of using VST plug-ins (at the moment it only seems to support DX plug-ins)? Furthermore, I'm looking into software that will allow me to write a DDP file (Gearsoft Pro seems the most affordable). However, It would be great if this could be done from inside CD Architect. Are there any plug-ins that can do this?

Thanks,
mcz

Comments

Geoff_Wood wrote on 2/21/2007, 3:14 PM
You can only use VST plugs froma DX-VST 'wrapper' plugin.

Dunno what a DDP file is, but CDA can't - you have to go the burn CD route.. Would be great if it could write an ISO disc image too....

geoff
mcz wrote on 2/21/2007, 4:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Geoff. By the way a DDP file stands for Disc Description Protocol, which is a professional standard that mastering houses use to transfer a project to the cd pressing plant (usually on exabyte tape not a CD). The error rate is much lower and hence why it is favoured.

I agree that it would be great if CD Architect could write ISO and other disc protocols. Sony has a very intuitive product here that with a bit of tweaking could be used in a professional context. At the moment it just falls short by not offering choices in how it writes files...maybe for the future?

Regards,
mcz
Geoff_Wood wrote on 2/25/2007, 4:57 PM
wELL, WOULD BE NICE, BUT THERE HAS BEEN NO DEVELOPMENT FOR SOME YEARS. mAYBE WHEN THEY GET A SLOW WEEK .....

GEOFF

(oops sorry 'bout the capslock)
Geoff_Wood wrote on 2/25/2007, 4:58 PM
wELL, WOULD BE NICE, BUT THERE HAS BEEN NO DEVELOPMENT FOR SOME YEARS. mAYBE WHEN THEY GET A SLOW WEEK .....

GEOFF

(oops sorry 'bout the capslock)
MacMoney wrote on 3/24/2007, 9:46 PM
VST support is a big one for me too!

George Ware
Alpha Bob wrote on 1/4/2008, 12:39 PM
After using the software for a number of years I finally found out that there's actually a forum! Oh well, lol.

DDP would be great to have for me also as the pressing plant accepts DDPi over ftp foregoing the need to send out Red Book CDs in the post all the time.

How many users here would also welcome DDP implementation or is it better to start looking for a different program? Would be such a shame as this program has been very good for me.
Weka wrote on 1/7/2008, 7:19 PM
I would LOVE it. It would cut down on international courier costs to start with!
drmathprog wrote on 1/11/2008, 6:09 AM
I'm not sure CD Arch. even qualifies as a live product anymore. Of course, several Sony offerings would seem to fall into that category. :-)
Alpha Bob wrote on 1/29/2008, 9:18 AM
Oh well, looks like I'm gonna have to make the switch over to another software with DDP capability. Shame as this is a nice little program which could be great with a couple of additions.
Geoff_Wood wrote on 1/29/2008, 12:13 PM
I think CDA is *almost* the perfect application.

Yes, it is a shame. DDP and ISO image saving would be a great addition.

But, who wants to have to burn a CD and re-read it with associated errors) in order to get started duplicating ?! A wav and Cue-sheet is a lame substitute.

So what we all REALLY REALLY want for CDA is:
- DDP saving
- ISO (and other, NRG ?) image saving
- VST support
- A method to switch event plugins that are not 'active' to 'idle'.
- ... and maybe a simple stereo recording module would be handy in some circumstances.

With all this it could be also remarketed as a tape/LP to CD transcription/restoration bundle. CDA 5.5 or 6 anybody ? But don't munge it upo by making it 'pretty'.

geoff