delayed capture start

cbrillow wrote on 1/19/2006, 7:48 PM
In this thread, it was stated that one could use the Capture Delay parameter in Capture Preferences as a rudimentary timer to start a capture at a specified future time. To make this work, you're supposed to enter the offset between the current time and the desired start time in seconds. As an example, to start capturing in one hour, you'd enter 60 x 60, or 3600, seconds.

I've tried to do this, but am unable to enter more than 10 seconds into the box. Is there something I'm missing? Can anyone confirm that this works?

Comments

Serena wrote on 9/15/2006, 4:15 PM
Not a function I've wanted, so can't help on this.
Chienworks wrote on 9/15/2006, 6:31 PM
I could have sword i used to be able to type large numbers in there. The versions i have installed now all have a 10 second limit. I can't think of any reason why there should be a limit at all.

http://www.chienworks.com/software/vidcaptimer/

This is a utility i've written that lets you add VCR-style programming to VidCap to have it record multiple programs at specific times. It's only the v0.2 beta, but it works well. Sorry it doesn't do channels yet. Maybe someday ...
DavidMcKnight wrote on 9/15/2006, 7:18 PM
weird. If I type in anything above 10 it reverts back to 10. This is in vidcap 6. Sure seems like a bug to me.