Comments

jeremyk wrote on 10/15/2003, 7:12 PM
Oh, Zippy, Zippy!

What do you mean? There are several ways to set opacity. I tried them.

1. Drag the opacity line down from the top of the event. There IS a minor problem here -- the bar seems to be limited by pixel resolution, so to set a precise value you may have to drag the bottom edge of the track to make it larger.

2. In the media generator, set the alpha value of the clip. 40% of 255 is 102.

So, what's the BIG PROBLEM?

I've already suggested to SF/Sony that the up/down keypad arrow scheme used to fine-tune audio envelope settings should be generalized to ALL the line-dragging processes, including fade handles. You could do the same. Sheesh.
BillyBoy wrote on 10/15/2003, 8:19 PM
I can set it to 40%. How, duh... (this time I really do mean duh as in stupid) you just need to zoom in on the track to make it larger. If you do, then you can set the opacity to 40% or any value.

It is obvious Zippo-la-dopa, looks for things to whine about.
TheHappyFriar wrote on 10/15/2003, 8:24 PM
Darn billy, you beat me by only a few minutes. :)

i was going to say the same thing.

At least ZP wasa more polite this post then last.
BillyBoy wrote on 10/15/2003, 8:27 PM
LOL!
taliesin wrote on 10/15/2003, 8:37 PM
40 percent opacity on solid color works perfect on my two Vegas systems.

Marco
rcrawfor42 wrote on 10/15/2003, 8:53 PM
Or just double-click on the number (ie, 100.0%) and type the value you want. Worked perfectly when I tried it just a second ago.

vitamin_D wrote on 10/15/2003, 10:08 PM
nt -- ass
farss wrote on 10/15/2003, 10:12 PM
He seems to have taken my suggestion and bought a new keyboard.
johnmeyer wrote on 10/16/2003, 12:01 AM
Guys and gals,

I finally figured this out. Zippy is actually a college psych student. He is conducting a rigorous, calculated experiment to test group psychology in the presence of aberrant behavior. This is classic stuff.

I, for one, however, no longer want to be part of a second-rate ad-hoc psych experiment, so I am no longer going to post in any Zippy-initiated thread. I suggest others follow suit. I’ve got money to earn and things to do. This guy can write his report and get back to class.
rllagas wrote on 10/16/2003, 12:35 AM
yeah, now we know who zippy is....

Is there any significant difference between 39, 40, 41%.
Why does zippy likes exactly 40%......

Now the intentions are obvious....

Bye zippy.
pb wrote on 10/16/2003, 1:18 AM
Oh look, oh see. See Zippy added to everyone's IGNORE list. No more inane questions or feigned blustering, all intended to evoke exactly the reactions he/she is getting from you all.

Copula eam, se non posit acceptura jocularum, Zippy Doodle.

Peter
rextilleon wrote on 10/16/2003, 7:53 AM
Thats so funny----a college psych experiement--the kind that a desperate grad student thinks up as the semester draws to a close---I love it.
JJKizak wrote on 10/16/2003, 8:31 AM
This reminds me of how Heathkit used to test their kit building instructions on secretaries who did not know how to solder. I don't think Zippy would have qualified for these tests. I still think Zippy is a "ringer" from Sony to see how effective the software is on mentally challenged people.

JJK