Digital Output Level of CD Architect?

Sparrow wrote on 12/11/2015, 4:41 PM
I have a rather odd CD Architect problem. We have been using CD Architect 5.2 for mastering
CD's. Since I am old school I like seeing the audio output level on real meters, so I take the
digital output of my Motu 2408 and run it into a Vintage Symetrix 620 (Great Meters!) With this I can see digital peaks not just on the computer, but in the real world. For some reason the
Symetrix does not read the real level anymore. When I play files from Sound Forge 10, it does?

I did remove CD Architect and did a reload. Also in this point in time we upgraded to Vegas
13, from Vegas 9. We are running Windows 7 Ultimate. I think we need to have more control over the output Preferences in CD Architect under Audio? Perhaps if they were the same as
Sound Forge 10 or 11, they would not project different digital output levels? Help!

sparrow in chicago/Southport Records

Comments

Sparrow wrote on 12/18/2015, 4:54 AM
From Sparrow

I found the problem. With my Systems and Motu the digital output level that
is found within the control panel under Sound, right click on device (Motu),
go to levels must be set at 100 %. This level does not affect the output
for Sound Forge (Version 10). Once again this affects the digital output
level on CD Architect when you try to read it on an outboard digital level device or meter. For mastering it is nice to see a true level meter, not just the computer!
sparrow
Geoff_Wood wrote on 12/20/2015, 1:07 PM
To clarify in my mind, is this because you were using an ASIO driver for SF (of course unaffected by Win audio settings), and necessarily the Classic Windows WDM driver for CDA ? And the Win driver had an output level control set to less than full in Sound settings ?

geoff