do NOT buy Vegas pro 10 !

zoa wrote on 2/25/2011, 10:07 AM
I have issues with Vegas pro 10 trial crashing under normal use in Win7 64-bit. I have mailed support for over 1 week, but Sony ignores and havent responded at all.
I even mailed them to tell I want to buy Vegas 10, but no, Sony doesnt does not want to sell, it seems, they are not responding. I try calling them, but no, voice machine tells me they are veeery busy. I am calling long distance (Norway) so I wont wait that long.

What is wrong with Sony!?
Their service really s*ck!

Comments

rrrrob wrote on 2/25/2011, 11:38 AM
For what it's worth, I have a Win 7 64 bit running my full version and I don't have problems with the software crashing. It's generally reliable and full of awesome features...I am finally using the 3D feature, which is better than I expected.
teaktart wrote on 2/25/2011, 12:07 PM
ZOA:
No one can help you if you don't at least tell us what 'issues' you are having with V10.
Your comment is so vague no one can offer any ideas or solutions while you wait for Sony to respond.
Please be specific and you may get some help here~

Eileen
Grazie wrote on 2/25/2011, 1:47 PM
We get a lot of this this time of year. How far are we from NAB?

Grazie
ReneH wrote on 2/25/2011, 1:58 PM
A shill you are at best.

I have Vegas 10 on Win 7 64 bit and it is working superbly. My guess is you are not well acquinated with computers in general. Learn the basics before you mouth.
rs170a wrote on 2/25/2011, 2:09 PM
Grazie, NAB is April 11 – 14.

Mike
A. Grandt wrote on 2/25/2011, 3:12 PM
Teaktart, at least the description was longer than this error report I received on a piece of software I've written:
this class requires to modify alot because it give me alot off errors and warnings.

That was it. That is probably one of the most useless ones I've ever gotten.
richard-amirault wrote on 2/25/2011, 4:44 PM
I have issues with Vegas pro 10 trial crashing under normal use in Win7 64-bit

No such thing as "normal use" .. be *specific* about what you are trying to do that you cannot. First, what type of file are you trying to work on? Where did it come from? What are you doing when Vegas crashes?
TheHappyFriar wrote on 2/25/2011, 4:52 PM
I'd say it's spam. He claims he's been using it since 9, that seems doubtful to me. His only posts were very undetailed complaints it didn't work.
musicvid10 wrote on 2/25/2011, 7:54 PM
This "user" has made the same post five times in one day, including the VMS forums.
Why don't we recognize them for what they are, and stop responding completely?
It's a no-brainer.
FilmingPhotoGuy wrote on 2/25/2011, 10:16 PM
System specs are hidden.... sigh !!
Grazie wrote on 2/25/2011, 10:30 PM
@ Mike: Thank you.

@ musicvid: Why respond? Duty, pride, forum-integrity, wish to assist, troll-hunting, warning to others .... Any combo of these at the right time.

Grazie

DGates wrote on 2/25/2011, 11:17 PM
What a punk ass. He leaves a thread in all the forums, then doesn't follow-up on any of the replies.

Maybe he forgot to disable 'Keep turning Vegas off if douchebag detected nearby'.
ushere wrote on 2/26/2011, 12:19 AM
i think he forgot the proto before his screen name....
apit34356 wrote on 2/26/2011, 12:42 AM
Very nice, Ushere! But you may have insulted some very hard working "proto"s that are making people sick.....mmmm.... like his postings..... good call, Ushere! Need some meds...here.... ;-)
PeterWright wrote on 2/26/2011, 12:57 AM
I seem to remember a Mr.type with the same first name .... got released too early, or am I confusing a prisoner with a piece of software?
ushere wrote on 2/26/2011, 1:40 AM
i'll take a tote on your meds too if you don't mind......

heck, this maybe be the best forum i know of for vegas, peopled by people i've never, or am likely too meet but who really know what they're talking about, but it's the odd thread like this that brings out the wry humour in an otherwise pretty bloody serious and down to earth bunch of 'old-farts' (notwithstanding the youngsters of course ;-))
deusx wrote on 2/26/2011, 7:14 AM
Just goes to show you that this economy affects even Apple which has been doing quite well peddling its shiny crap to the masses.

Before they used to be able to afford trolls who could follow up on their planted anti-vegas posts, but now it seems they only get paid for a single shot.

baysidebas wrote on 2/26/2011, 7:35 AM
"...Apple which has been doing quite well peddling its shiny crap to the masses."

Well that should retire the old saw that you can't polish a turd once and for all.
deusx wrote on 2/26/2011, 7:51 AM
Since around 1998 Steve Jobs has been personally licking and polishing every prototype until it's 5 times shinier than whatever the competing product on the PC side may be.

He's very well aware of the: "It's not what you say, but how you say it"

"It's not what it does, it's how shiny it is" is just another version of that.
paul_w wrote on 2/26/2011, 3:13 PM

says it all.