Does Magic Bullet Looks/Film support gpu in Vegas Pro 14?

RealityStudio wrote on 12/7/2016, 1:42 AM

Hey all, I bought the Magic Bullet suite today with that 40% off deal they were running and I've been trying both their Film and Looks packages. They are really nice but the problem is I can't figure out how to get them to support the gpu, I don't see any option for it anywhere and hence I only get 6fps on the timeline with it whereas with Film Convert I get full frame rate on the timeline even with 4k video. I contacted their support about it but haven't hard back so I figured I'd ask here, does anyone use Magic Bullet with Vegas Pro 14 and if so does it have gpu support? I've searched and searched and simply can't figure out how to enable it. Film Convert makes it easy, there's a drop down right in the plugin so you can use opencl, but I'm at a loss as to how to do this with Magic Bullet.

Comments

Wolfgang S. wrote on 12/8/2016, 1:58 PM

I have also purchased the upgrade to Looks4 with their 40% offer - and I am disappointed too. I see no difference to Looks3, in terms of preview speed. And I agree with you  - Filmconvert but also Hitfilm are much better in terms of preview capabilities. There seems to be no way to enable GPU support for Vegas, it seems to be not supported at all (I assume it is limted to Premiere)

Desktop: PC AMD 3960X, 24x3,8 Mhz * GTX 3080 Ti (12 GB)* Blackmagic Extreme 4K 12G * QNAP Max8 10 Gb Lan * Resolve Studio 18 * Edius X* Blackmagic Pocket 6K/6K Pro, EVA1, FS7

Laptop: ProArt Studiobook 16 OLED * internal HDR preview * i9 12900H with i-GPU Iris XE * 32 GB Ram) * Geforce RTX 3070 TI 8GB * internal HDR preview on the laptop monitor * Blackmagic Ultrastudio 4K mini

HDR monitor: ProArt Monitor PA32 UCG-K 1600 nits, Atomos Sumo

Others: Edius NX (Canopus NX)-card in an old XP-System. Edius 4.6 and other systems

RealityStudio wrote on 12/8/2016, 2:34 PM

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, that it only works in Premiere Pro. Red Giant support is slowly responding but so far with bullshit, like claiming my gpu meter isn't reading gpu use correctly even though it magically seems to work with every other piece of software I use. Now they want system info, etc, usual stuff. I'll give them a few more days and then just get refunded. Fortunately it's easy to get a refund on their website. It's a shame because the product is nice, but I can't properly work with a 6fps preview window.

marc-s wrote on 12/9/2016, 10:02 PM

I'm happy they still support Vegas but we've never been a priority. I spoke in depth with the guys at NAB some years back about about external preview level and scope display issues with their software inside of Vegas. Followed up with support tickets and while they said they would try and fix it, it never happened. My guess is just not much income coming from Vegas users to spend the time. That said it is a great program and I purchased the upgrade as well.

RealityStudio wrote on 12/9/2016, 11:14 PM

Sure seems that way. I just requested a refund, so that's that.