Double Disappointment

bjtap wrote on 3/28/2003, 5:30 PM
I just received my Vegas 4.0 CD's.
Disappointment No.1, Both my CD players cannot read the CD. Support gave me the ftp address to download the file and will ship another CD. So that will be taken care of.
Disappointment No.2: The Sampler CD says "Use these samples royalty-free in your projects today." So why do they have the Sonic Foundry Logo on them? Am I missing something here? I don't recall anybody else 'complaining' about this. Are everybody elses samples watermarked?
Thanks,
Barry

Comments

Liam_Vegas wrote on 3/28/2003, 5:48 PM
I was surprised about the sonic logo as well.... but I didn't know if they were supposed to be useable. Certainly with the statement about using them royalty free I would agree that its is rather odd as I would never use them myself in any project with the logo there (however much I respect SoFo for creating a grea product).
dcrandall wrote on 3/28/2003, 6:43 PM
I have the Sampler CD and in the "DV Files" directory I have 10 avi's that do not have the Sonicfoundry logo on them.
  • Velocity Micro Z55 Desktop Computer
  • ASUS Prime Z270M-Plus Motherboard
  • Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.2GHz
  • Memory: 16GB DDR4-2400MHz
  • 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Driver Version: Studio Driver 452.06
  • Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909
  • Vegas Pro 18.0 Build 284
bjtap wrote on 3/28/2003, 7:03 PM
dcrandell,
Thanks for the info. I was using the AVI's in the Sample 1 and Sample 2 folders. The ones in the DV Files folder indeed have no watermarks.
Thanks,
Barry
Jsnkc wrote on 3/28/2003, 8:53 PM
I have used a couple of the supposed "Royalty free" clips with the SF logo on them, I just cropped the video down so you couldn't see the logo...it works great.