DV Date Info as DVDA Subtitles?

rtbond wrote on 12/5/2004, 4:57 AM
Folks,

I'm going to be transfering a bunch of home video to DVD. I'd like to include Date (footage was shot) information as subtitle information in the DVD-A produced DVD. What's the simplest why to do this?

Can I manually define Regions in Vegas and enter the Date informaton as Region text, then export the the completed project Regions as subtitles (Tools=>Scripting=>Export Regions as Subtitles)?

I don't want the DV Date continuously on the screen, hence the subtitle approach.

Thanks!

--Rob

p.s: As an aside, I tried using the DV_DateCode application (to produce a datecode.ssa file) and then VirtualDub Subtitler filter (inconjunction with the Wax plugin for Vegas) to display the DV date stamp on the video. While this seems to work, the location of the date stamp information is outside the title safe area (residing partially off my preview monitor's screen). Any idea what is happening or how to correct it? Also, I've never used the Wax plugin before. The playback of an event (on the Vegas timeline) with the Wax plugin applied (with this simple subtiter fliter) is very jerky.

Rob Bond

My System Info:

• Vegas Pro 20 Build 411
  • OS: Windows 11.0 Home (64-bit), Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
  • Processor: i9-10940X CPU @ 3.30GHz (14 core)
  • Physical memory: 64GB (Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16 memory kit)
  • Motherboard Model: MSI x299 Creator (MS-7B96)
  • GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA (Studio Driver Version =  536.40)
  • Storage: Dual Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD (boot and Render); WDC WD4004FZWX, 7200 RPM (media)
  • Primary Display: Dell UltraSharp 27, U2723QE, 4K monitor with 98% DCI-P3 and DisplayHDR 400 with Dell Display Manager
  • Secondary Display: LG 32UK550-B, entry-level 4k/HDR-10 level monitor, @95% DCI-P3 coverage

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...