DV Rack and hopes for a better capture tool

logiquem wrote on 8/31/2004, 7:30 AM
Taking a look to the new DV Rack capture/monitoring tool these days, i was wondering if we can hope for any live capture improvement in Vegas future.

I currently use Scenalyser every days for this (i capture mainly on HD) for capture, but i would so much like to see a live video monitoring mode in Vegas (just like in audio) with scopes, custom monitor adjustements for gamma, framming, etc...

Am i the only one to dream of this?

Comments

Spot|DSE wrote on 8/31/2004, 7:36 AM
I surely wouldn't expect it much, only because the concept of tape capture is going away. DVRack fills a very niche market, I'm sure there will be followers. I don't know I'd expect Vegas to be part of it. Would be cool indeed. I like the idea that Bill Ravens had of adding a Proc Amp to the DV Rack lineup...Would be nice to have that in Vidcap too. But that's not Vegas' core function nor direction.
michael_morlan wrote on 9/1/2004, 9:08 AM
Hmmm. But it IS the function of the VidCap tool. It seems trivial to add the existing Vegas scopes to the VidCap program.
BrianStanding wrote on 11/9/2004, 2:17 PM
Still thinking about this. Any way to frameserve from VidCap to Vegas?

Then you could use the Vegas scopes....

I may do some experimenting this evening.
vitalforces wrote on 11/9/2004, 2:31 PM
Nice thing about Scenalyzer is that it doesn't "wrap" the captured DV with coding that makes it usable by one software company's NLE and not the others'. DV captured in Scenalyzer can be dropped on the timelines of all the prosumer NLEs, I believe.
farss wrote on 11/9/2004, 2:40 PM
Biggest issue I see with this is the amount of CPU load, running scopes and peak meters does chew up a lot of CPU time.
Bob.