DVD Playback probs

Billae wrote on 1/27/2009, 10:59 AM
Hi all, I have been making DVD's for a client and they are locking up on me. I am using Taiyo Yuden TYG02. (I verified the media) It plays perfect at 1st, then it starts locking up and pixelation occurs closer towards the end or last 3/4 of the video. I am using a Pioneer drive (DVR-108) and the video is 1 hr 30 min. I don't know if it matters, but I film in high def and render it out to Standard dv using the DVD Architect template setting the render quality to Best and then make a seperate AC3. This has been happening alot lately and I've been using the same media. Could it be the high def resolution being compressed, what about lowering my bit rate? Any idea's?

Comments

rstrong wrote on 1/27/2009, 6:19 PM
I'm not saying this is your problem also, but a couple of weeks ago, I had some disks fail right about in the middle of the cake box, and they failed right to the last disk. I tried a new cake box, and no problems were noted. Also, I would try another burner, preferrably the same mfg., they don't last forever, I usually change mine every couple of years. You shouldn't have to lower your bitrate if it's at around 8 already, if you have it set over 9.6 you might try lowering.

R. Strong

Custom remote refrigerated water cooled system for CPU & GPU. Intel i7- 6950X, 10 Core (4.3 Turbo) 64gb DDR4, Win7 64 Bit, SP1. Nvidia RTX 2080, Studio driver 431.36, Cameras: Sony HVR-Z5U, HVR-V1U, HVR-A1U, HDR-HC3. Canon 5K MK2, SX50HS. GoPro Hero2. Nikon CoolPix P510. YouTube: rstrongvideo