Comments

rs170a wrote on 6/9/2010, 3:30 PM
Click on it and delete it.

Mike
Derm wrote on 6/9/2010, 3:44 PM
No Mike, thats the first thing I tried, nothing happening.Thanks anyway.
Derm
rs170a wrote on 6/9/2010, 4:05 PM
Derm, when you click it, does a box appear around it?
I just tried it and deleting it works for me.

Mike
Derm wrote on 6/9/2010, 5:07 PM
No Mike, that seems logical but nothing happens when I attempt to highlight or click on the "Menu 1" text.
If I rename Menu 1 in the structure tree in the left hand window, even this does not change the "Menu 1" that appears on the preview screen. Weird.

Derm
Derm wrote on 6/9/2010, 5:24 PM
I just created a text object on the preview screen and then deleted it, after that I was able to click on the "Menu 1" text and delete, weird but fixed.
Thanks
Derm
rs170a wrote on 6/9/2010, 5:55 PM
Derm, weird doesn't begin to describe why you had to go through that kind of hoop :-(
BTW, changing the name in the structure tree in the left hand window is only for your pleasure.
To change the name of a menu item, you have to click on it and edit it (F2 is the shortcut edit key after clicking the text item).

Mike
ddm wrote on 6/9/2010, 6:25 PM
I noticed that if you have the navigation tool (inadvertently) selected you cannot select anything but you can enter info in the menu section on the left. As soon as you choose to "insert text" your cursor goes back to the selection tool.
Derm wrote on 6/12/2010, 6:28 AM
Yes, I think selecting the navigation tool was the culprit here. Thank you both for your help.

Derm