DVDA not including /EXTRAS folder

gpsmikey wrote on 9/7/2013, 5:15 PM
Had a duh moment - thought I would pass it along for others when they run into it.

When you create a DVD in DVDA (or an ISO of the DVD), you have the option to include an /EXTRAS folder - I was running into the problem that I had all the links set correctly, but it was not including the /EXTRAS folder (actually, you need to create an /EXTRAS/EXTRAS folder since DVDA drops the top level when it includes it on the DVD). Anyway, where the duh moment came in was I had forgotten to put the files I wanted included in the folder. DVDA was smart enough to know the folder path was empty, so it didn't bother including an empty folder on the DVD image. Make sure you have something in the folder or it will not be added to the disk even if you do have the pointers set up in the project properties.

mikey

Comments

videoITguy wrote on 9/7/2013, 5:37 PM
ON the OTHER hand, it is no big deal, because an area of folder can be added to any DVD image post processing and be replicated onto subsequent copies of the original DVD. So per comment of the OP this is really no big deal afterall.
gpsmikey wrote on 9/7/2013, 8:43 PM
Correct - my point was that if you were expecting to find the extras folder on the DVD (or in the ISO) and is wasn't happening, be aware that if it was left empty (accidentally), then it is not even created on the disk. It is true there are several ways to add content to an existing DVD - either with a program that allows adding content to an ISO or by copying the existing folders plus the additional folder(s) to a new DVD (or ISO).

mikey