Edit the next Tori Amos video

marks27 wrote on 11/6/2007, 10:07 PM

Just came across this. An interesting exercise I think.

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/ToriAmos/bouncingoffclouds/

Though it is Sony music, no mention of using Sony software to do the work.

This is a growing trend I think. RealWorld are letting people remix audio tracks for a number of their artists. Nine Inch Nails released Garageband files for their last album to allow people to have a go.

Interesting. Another form of viral marketing I think, and a cool one at that.

Ciao,

marks

Comments

rsp wrote on 11/6/2007, 11:16 PM
Nice link and video footage to practise with 5 camera angles!

Note that "Only legal U.S. residents" are eligible to enter the contest according to the contest rules

Randy Brown wrote on 11/7/2007, 9:37 AM
I just downloaded and viewed cam A and initially thought it was some kind of joke. I realize there are another 4 angles but that one is almost unusable I would think (maybe a couple where you actually see her face (the part that wasn't out of focus) and one close-up of her hands))...or maybe I'm just frustrated because things are slow right now and feel I could have done a better job.
deusx wrote on 11/7/2007, 9:55 AM
See what you guys did ( you guys who share music for free )

Now celebrities have no money to pay real editors and want anybody to edit it for free.
MUTTLEY wrote on 11/7/2007, 10:04 AM

lol@deusx

Anyone see a link to the song?

- Ray
www.undergroundplanet.com
rjkrash wrote on 11/7/2007, 10:16 AM

Anyone see a link to the song?

The song is the soundtrack of the video.

What does one do with the white X's on the green screen and does anyone know why they are there?
Kennymusicman wrote on 11/7/2007, 10:43 AM
2 things spring to mind.

1) Prizes are cack.
2) Why is there a display of final cut (apple) on sony site? lol

ok 3rd thing. Have fun CC'ing her into a brunette/blond for a laugh - see if she likes that.
Nobody wrote on 11/7/2007, 11:57 AM
I'm downloading the clips now. I've never done more than a two-cam shoot, so at the very least it'll be fun to play with nicely synced-up clips.
Former user wrote on 11/7/2007, 2:09 PM
The white X's are for motion tracking.

Dave T2
MUTTLEY wrote on 11/7/2007, 11:18 PM

How long have I been wanting and begging for motion tracking in Vegas? A vurrry long time ... God that would be awesome.

- Ray
www.undergroundplanet.com
CorTed wrote on 11/8/2007, 8:38 AM
Can someone point me to some more info regarding motion tracking. I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks,

Ted
apit34356 wrote on 11/8/2007, 9:34 AM
CorTed, The "x"s have many usages, but the most common is to id a physical location to place an 3d object or animation. Sometimes their used to define a physical space (area) around a subject to ensure the "background/foreground overlays" blends in correctly. Many apps can/do use motion tracking( tracking camera and subject moment) and most are very expensive.
stopint wrote on 11/12/2007, 2:06 PM
how do you get rid of the white x's...? got some nice footage for the background and looks pretty good through chroma keying...but the white x's are visible...

Former user wrote on 11/12/2007, 3:12 PM
Use the MASK function to paint them out.

Dave T2
rdolishny wrote on 11/13/2007, 7:55 AM
Why on earth is Sony Vegas not front and centre all over this promotion? They even took the time to say at the bottom, "Apple is not a sponsor".

Cool test though!