Error creating an ISO file

loudo wrote on 1/22/2016, 5:24 PM
I have been trying to create a Blu Ray ISO file and keep getting the following message when it is about 3/4 done.
File name: 00001.m2ts
Status: Vegmuxtw.dll::CTSWrapper::ProcThreadMain::IO Error --- No space left on device

I have more than enough space on my hard drive I am creating the ISO file on. The entire size is 18.5 GB more than enough to fit onto the Blu Ray disc.

This has only happened since I installed Windows 10. Any ideas?

Comments

Former user wrote on 1/22/2016, 9:06 PM
DVDA may be using a temp folder to build the ISO. Is your temp folder on a large enough drive? You need at least twice as much space as the final product.
musicvid10 wrote on 1/24/2016, 7:54 AM
Do you have an actual BD burner or software emulator installed on your new system?
One needs to be mounted and awake to render an ISO.
loudo wrote on 1/24/2016, 8:58 AM
That was the problem, my Windows partitioned C: drive is small and not big enough to hold the temp file. I created a new folder on my huge D: drive, for the temp files, and on the Options/Preferences/Burning tab, linked to it. That took care of that problem.

Now I try to Burn a disc and when I get to almost the end of the render stage, I get the following error: File name: N/A
Status: MUXComp:Validating error. --- Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://tempuri.org/ProjectDefinition.xsd' - Could not find file 'D:\temphold\Sony'.. It doesn't show the actual name of the file it is looking for in the folder D:\temphold\Sony Vegas Temp.

D:temphold/Sony Temp is the folder I created on the Options/Preferences/Burning tab. I do have a folder called D:\temphold\Sony Vegas Temp, but it looks like it only contains files created when Sony Vegas crashed. I don't see any reference to D:\temphold\Sony Vegas Temp, in any DVD Architect settings.

Yes, I have a LG USB Blu Ray burner on my system, and have used it before without any issue.
musicvid10 wrote on 1/24/2016, 10:56 AM
I think you inherited a permissions issue when you installed Windows 10.
Make sure your drives are shared and you are running your applications as an Admin.
loudo wrote on 1/24/2016, 1:04 PM
It looks like that. I always run everything as Administrator. Looks like I am going to have to uninstall it and reinstall the DVD Architect 6.0 software, over again.
musicvid10 wrote on 1/24/2016, 1:41 PM
Yes, that is a good idea.
Some system stuff may have remained in the old folders, when they need to be installed in Win10 paths.
Just a guess, though.

loudo wrote on 1/25/2016, 4:56 PM
I uninstalled it and reinstalled the software, and it did the same thing the next time I tried to burn a disc.
musicvid10 wrote on 1/26/2016, 10:45 AM
Is the burner firmware properly recognized in Architect?
Did you try "Generic" burner profile instead?
Firmware certified for Win10?
loudo wrote on 1/26/2016, 2:52 PM
Problem Solved:

After trying many different things to solve the problem, I finally found one that works. The solution was similar to what others have reported for similar problems. I created two new folders called Work and Work1, right off the root of the drive. I used one for the Preparation folder and the other for the Temp folder. Next time I tried it, Architect rendered, prepared and burnt the disc, just fine.

The folders I had been using with Windows 8.1 were several sub folders deep and Architect couldn't find them after the render, when it was preparing the disc for burn. Windows 10 didn't like them.
musicvid10 wrote on 1/26/2016, 9:26 PM
Glad you got it sorted.
Sometimes there are problems with path names that Vegas doesn't recognize, I recall.

loudo wrote on 1/27/2016, 9:09 AM
I don't think it is a Sony software issue though. It worked fine in Windows 8.1 using the previous longer folder paths, with the same software. It has been only since I upgraded top Windows 10 that it started giving me that error message.
DamianM wrote on 1/20/2019, 4:17 PM

This is three years later but still the same issue even with DVD Architect 7.0, which I downloaded the trial version. Certainly won't be wasting my money upgrading from 6.0.

I have not had time to finish any of my little projects for a few years so frustrating to get to that stage and find these basic issues that are not highlighted and lots of time to determine the issues and then find work arounds.

Thanks for your hints Loudo as I have wasted a day or two on this issue. I don't have time to waste more testing but I suspect spaces in the folder path name may also be an issue.

Similar basic issues on getting the final outputs Vegas 16 which I did waste money on upgrading to unfortunately.

Marc-CHEVALLIER wrote on 2/14/2019, 11:02 AM

Same here. Can't get it to work to make a blu-ray ISO file. I tried all the solutions I could find on the Net. I'm using Win 8.1 and DVD Architect build 84.

Although a year ago I had managed to finish a more complex project... Frustrating.

Marc-CHEVALLIER wrote on 2/15/2019, 3:22 AM

I might have a solution. I made DVD Architect create the blu-ray ISO file at the root of the drive instead of in a folder. And it worked. I tried creating the ISO file for the same project in a folder, on the same drive and after an hour it was still at 0%.

So, can anybody out there who has the same problem try my solution and report the results in this post?

kerryland wrote on 6/14/2019, 1:06 AM

I fixed it by creating folders that contained no spaces. No need to be in the root of the drive. Crazy that this is a problem in 2019!

EricLNZ wrote on 6/14/2019, 2:56 AM

I fixed it by creating folders that contained no spaces. No need to be in the root of the drive. Crazy that this is a problem in 2019!

@kerryland Of interest which DVDA build are you using and what is your OS and build.

kerryland wrote on 6/14/2019, 4:10 PM

@kerryland Of interest which DVDA build are you using and what is your OS and build.

'About Box' says build 100, (c) 2018 MAGIX, but the splash screen and help file say (c) 2016. Shrug.
Windows 10 Build 17134

It's astonishingly unreliable. It gets confused about a given video file that works in one project, but not another, or works if I delete it, and add it again. Sometimes it decides not to render the video thumb nails unless I restart the application. Sometimes it hangs while rendering, without any message at all; then it's a case of binary-chop recent changes until you find whatever confused it and wait 5 hours for the prepare to finish to see if it worked.

Oh, and when I skip forward through a playlist it really should skip to the start of the next track, not somewhere in the middle.

It's difficult to be impressed with this piece of software.

john-baker wrote on 6/17/2019, 2:47 PM

@DamianM, @Marc-CHEVALLIER

Hi

. . . . fixed it by creating folders that contained no spaces . . . .

I have no issue with folders and spaces with DVDA 7 build 100. If you having to do this then it would suggest that there is something wrong with the dlls that are used by Explorer - they may be in a mismatched stated.

Check that the Windows 10 installation is correct by running a system file check from an administrator command prompt - see this tutorial steps 4 - 11.

@kerryland

Hi

. . . . astonishingly unreliable . . . gets confused . . . decides not to render the video thumb nails . . . hangs while rendering, without any message at all . . .

What format, bitrate, resolution are the videos you are adding to DVDA, also which NLE are you exporting them from?

DVDA can be very picky with some formats - I had this issue importing mts files and it was due to the Maximum bitrate setting I was exporting at (not Vegas) being too high, although it was within the Blu-Ray specification.

. . . . wait 5 hours for the prepare to finish . . . .

If the imported video is the correct format eg AVCHD (.mts) then DVDA will not rerender the video a BD disc with 11 separate movies, total running time approx 1 hr, and 2 menus with a first play intro movie takes me about 18 mins to prepare and create the ISO image.

. . . . skip forward through a playlist it really should skip to the start of the next track . . . .

Is this when previewing in DVDA or the final disc?

John EB

Forum Moderator

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VP 19, DVD Architect 7 build 100, Video Pro X 15, Movie Studio 2024,

Running Windows 11 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 4 Tb internal SSD (work disc), Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

kerryland wrote on 6/17/2019, 4:15 PM

Hi @john-baker. Thanks for the response.

@DamianM, @Marc-CHEVALLIER

. . . . fixed it by creating folders that contained no spaces . . . .

I have no issue with folders and spaces with DVDA 7 build 100. If you having to do this then it would suggest that there is something wrong with the dlls that are used by Explorer - they may be in a mismatched stated.

Check that the Windows 10 installation is correct by running a system file check from an administrator command prompt - see this tutorial steps 4 - 11.

That's a nice document. Apparently nothing wrong with my dlls as Windows reports "'Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". Also I don't have problems with other programs dealing with paths containing spaces.

@kerryland

Hi

. . . . astonishingly unreliable . . . gets confused . . . decides not to render the video thumb nails . . . hangs while rendering, without any message at all . . .

What format, bitrate, resolution are the videos you are adding to DVDA, also which NLE are you exporting them from?

I don't think it's relevant because the same file will work in one project, but not another, or will work if I remove it from the project and add it again. But to answer the question, h264, around 20,000 kbps, 1920x1080 50fps, via the Vegas Pro 15 template 'Internet HD 1080p 50fps (Intel QSV)', because, weirdly, it's faster than the NVIDIA NVENC even though my laptop has an NVIDIA 980M GPU. I know 50fps is a blu-ray crime and is probably the cause of the re-rendering. I will try mts in future. I had tried one of the 'Blu-Ray' templates, but DVDA really didn't like that file at all.

. . . . skip forward through a playlist it really should skip to the start of the next track . . . .

Is this when previewing in DVDA or the final disc?

When previewing 'skip forward by 5 secs' and 'skip forward by 1 min' work OK; they will skip to the start of the next track.

When previewing, the 'Next' button does nothing, even though each video file has 'Next' set to 'On' on the 'Remote Buttons' tab.

When using the 'Leawo' software player with the ISO, the 'Next' button works fine.

When using my Panasonic UB900 I would swear that the 'Next' button did nothing, but I have no disk to prove that with at the moment. I'll update this thread when I create another disk.

Thanks again for responding to my rant :-)

john-baker wrote on 6/18/2019, 9:27 AM

@kerryland

Hi

. . . . template 'Internet HD 1080p 50fps (Intel QSV)'. . . faster than the NVIDIA NVENC . . . 50fps is a blu-ray crime and is probably the cause of the re-rendering . . .

I suspect that this is the cause of the issues you are having.

VP has presets specifically for creating Blu-Ray files in .mts format that avoid the re-rendering in DVDA - try one of those.

The export is faster because the quality of the video is lower than the BD export presets due to the lower bitrate.

. . . . Panasonic UB900 . . . the 'Next' button did nothing . . . .

Is this when playing commercial discs? If so then the disc(s) may not have Next/Prev implemented.

HTH

John EB

Lateral thinking can get things done!

VP 19, DVD Architect 7 build 100, Video Pro X 15, Movie Studio 2024,

Running Windows 11 64bit on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16Gb RAM, 1Tb + 2 x 2Tb internal HDD + 4 Tb internal SSD (work disc), Sony FDR-AX53 Video camera, Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

DamianM wrote on 6/22/2019, 6:02 AM

Hi
I ran the system scan and got the same result as Kerryland, no violations.