Export to FCP7 issues solved!

javitzvideo wrote on 11/14/2013, 2:55 PM
I have had a lot of trouble trying to get Sony Vegas 12 to export XML to Final Cut Pro 7. I think I finally got it though. Here are my results:

-It seems like it helps by making sure all the audio tracks are stereo both left and right before exporting
-make sure there are no events floating completely ontop of other events on the timeline
-if there are issues, try troubleshooting by exporting one complete track at a time, especially audio.
-You can check things quickly by re-importing xml back into vegas before going to the mac.
-If there are issues, it will usually be at the point where no more events came out on the timeline when you re-import the xml.

Hope this helps anyone trying to do the same thing.

-Steven Javitz
http://www.crossingsouth.com

Comments

robwood wrote on 11/14/2013, 4:19 PM
good info, thx for sharing!

i remember getting a mono QT file that wouldn't go to the track i wanted in FCP3.5 (2004?)... it didn't click with me at the time that FCP (like most NLE's) wouldn't allow stereo/mono on the same channel/track.

i suspect if you put all mono files on one track and all stereo on the other, the XML transfer would have complained less... just guessing, as i haven't used FCP in a while now.