Feature request VP 18

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 5:44 AM

And we need to update the audio plugins they look old and de-click plugin and 3d audio we need something like DaVinci resolve Fairlight but In vp18 https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/fairlight
Or something like this we're u can have Advanced Monitoring

Incredibly flexible monitoring lets you choose between multiple speaker sets!

The advanced Fairlight monitoring system handles buses up to 24 channels wide. Sources can be selected from internal buses or external inputs and sent out to 16 different sets of speakers! You also get customizable fold-up and fold-down when crossing between formats. For example, if you’re monitoring 5.1 on a pair of stereo speakers, it automatically folds down for output to 2 channels. For cinematic setups, you can add an optional B-Chain processor for installations with up to 64 speakers!

And 3D Audio Soundspace

Work with advanced spatial audio formats!

audio features built in 3D audio support for working with spatial formats such as 5.1, 7.1 and even 22.2. You get a 3D panner to position sound in space, 3D B-chain processing and 3D Spaceview™ visualization which provides a clear view of each object’s location in space.
VP needs it's owe mixing console and controller and sound cards for 5.1 7.1 and more thanks 😊

Comments

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 6:03 AM

@Sheriff-adeyemi

Vegas Pro has been lauded over the years for its audio capabilities due it starting off in the audio sphere before adding video editing. However, I agree with you because there hasn't been a great deal of advances made to the audio side of things for years - it does feel quite a bit dated these days. Native audio plugins are limited, but perhaps the developers figure that advanced users will likely have 3rd party plugins such as those from iZotope's RX or Neutron products.

But the inability to readily monitor in 5.1 or above is disappointing - though it is possible in analogue as discussed in another post on this forum earlier this year.

I am really interested to know what specific audio hardware (internal soundcard or external audio interface) and physical cable connections (digital/analogue?) to an amplifier/speakers that you are using to take advantage of surround sound mixing with Fairlight in Resolve.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should add that I use the preferred audio editor link from VP's timeline a lot, and then usually on to SpectraLayers. But I often need to create a .wav file in order to take it into RX7 Adv for other audio enhancement.

fr0sty wrote on 4/15/2020, 6:23 AM

I've been mixing 5.1 in Vegas for years via analog outputs. Digital output over HDMI should be able to support 8 channels uncompressed 24 bit 96khz wavs, but other than that you'll need analog no matter what app you are using. SPDIF/optical only supports dolby digital, DTS, or 2 channel wav. I have a XR18 mixer that has 16 bi-directional in's and outs, but Vegas only supports sending audio to 6 outs at a time. 8/24 would be a nice addition, but the fact is the majority of Vegas users are not mixing movies for dolby ATMOS, that is a very niche audience. There's a lot of other audio features that need to see attention first, like VST3 support, MIDI support, etc. before we start getting into the additional surround formats. Vegas also lacks the ability to get those formats onto a disc or into a usable delivery format, 5.1 AC3 is as far as it goes, so that problem would also have to be tackled before it could be added.

I'd personally like to see them put the majority of their attention on things like network editing and media sharing, media cloud storage, AI enhancements, and the one we all want to see... a stable release early on.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 6:28 AM

@Sheriff-adeyemi

Vegas Pro has been lauded over the years for its audio capabilities due it starting off in the audio sphere before adding video editing. However, I agree with you because there hasn't been a great deal of advances made to the audio side of things for years - it does feel quite a bit dated these days. Native audio plugins are limited, but perhaps the developers figure that advanced users will likely have 3rd party plugins such as those from iZotope's RX or Neutron products.

But the inability to readily monitor in 5.1 or above is disappointing - though it is possible in analogue as discussed in another post on this forum earlier this year.

I am really interested to know what specific audio hardware (internal soundcard or external audio interface) and physical cable connections (digital/analogue?) to an amplifier/speakers that you are using to take advantage of surround sound mixing with Fairlight in Resolve.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I should add that I use the preferred audio editor link from VP's timeline a lot, and then usually on to SpectraLayers. But I often need to create a .wav file in order to take it into RX7 Adv for other audio enhancement.

I'm not using DaVinci resolve but I have tried it before I haven't started doing 5.1 but I want to do 3d audio 7.1 buy Vegas Pro doesn't support it yet so I'm hoping that someone from magix Vegas Pro sees this ads those request to vp18 last year they only had 30 new features and DaVinci resolve the latest one has been making some big improvements developing fairlight

someone else said something similar in the comments he name is haythem987

I'll try and mansion the same thing on next week next week vp training on yt

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 6:47 AM

I've been mixing 5.1 in Vegas for years via analog outputs. Digital output over HDMI should be able to support 8 channels uncompressed 24 bit 96khz wavs, but other than that you'll need analog no matter what app you are using. SPDIF/optical only supports dolby digital, DTS, or 2 channel wav. I have a XR18 mixer that has 16 bi-directional in's and outs, but Vegas only supports sending audio to 6 outs at a time. 8/24 would be a nice addition, but the fact is the majority of Vegas users are not mixing movies for dolby ATMOS, that is a very niche audience. There's a lot of other audio features that need to see attention first, like VST3 support, MIDI support, etc. before we start getting into the additional surround formats. Vegas also lacks the ability to get those formats onto a disc or into a usable delivery format, 5.1 AC3 is as far as it goes, so that problem would also have to be tackled before it could be added.

I'd personally like to see them put the majority of their attention on things like network editing and media sharing, media cloud storage, AI enhancements, and the one we all want to see... a stable release early on.

I have seen people on YouTube we're they are interviewing people mixing surround sound for film using Pro tools with a digital mixer but idk how that works or how they connect things

And I think a lot of people who do gaming would like do 3D audio like I want to start getting into 3d audio without going to another software VP supports 3d for video and that what thay are going to do next week

And other NLE like Adobe and avid they are making it easier for them to collaborate as a team there is some collaboration in Vegas like nasty timeline and projects notes but that might not be enough for film editor

Even when coronavirus happening avid and Adobe was trying to find ways for there customers to work from home and VP didn't do anything other than online training on yt and there is a lack of tutorials on YouTube as well

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:01 AM

Pro Tools is a professional level DAW that is not native to any NLE AFAIK. If you want to go the Pro Tools route, then you will need to buy it as I wouldn't imagine that the fully fledged Pro Tools will ever be Vegas Pro's audio program. The mere price increase would likely make VP the most expensive NLE by far on the market.

Vegas Pro 17 introduced nested timelines (many months before CV-19) specifically to enable sharing/collaboration

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:11 AM

Pro Tools is a professional level DAW that is not native to any NLE AFAIK. If you want to go the Pro Tools route, then you will need to buy it as I wouldn't imagine that the fully fledged Pro Tools will ever be Vegas Pro's audio program. The mere price increase would likely make VP the most expensive NLE by far on the market.

Vegas Pro 17 introduced nested timelines (many months before CV-19) specifically to enable sharing/collaboration

Do u know when VP 18 is coming out. A lot of people say that there effects in Vegas is not as good as premiere Pro

https://www.reddit.com/r/Filmmakers/comments/9jwzk4/why_isnt_sony_vegas_taken_seriously/

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:23 AM

Do u know when VP 18 is coming out

Only MAGIX staff will know that, but the past few years have seen August as the new version launch month.

Comments on this forum over many, many years have argued the plusses and minuses of NLEs. Try the trial versions (where available) of the NLEs that interest you, and then make a considered decision as to which is the most useful for you. No NLE is perfect for everybody. It's not much different to buying a car. People may rave about or decry a particular brand/model, but each buyer needs to work out which type of car is best for them - after all, they are going to be the one using that product, not the 3rd party critics.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:34 AM

Do u know when VP 18 is coming out

Only MAGIX staff will know that, but the past few years have seen August as the new version launch month.

Comments on this forum over many, many years have argued the plusses and minuses of NLEs. Try the trial versions (where available) of the NLEs that interest you, and then make a considered decision as to which is the most useful for you. No NLE is perfect for everybody. It's not much different to buying a car. People may rave about or decry a particular brand/model, but each buyer needs to work out which type of car is best for them - after all, they are going to be the one using that product, not the 3rd party critics.

I'm going to stick with VP for now but I hope they make big updates in Vegas Pro like DaVinci resolve 16 another thing that I would like is more options for tracking like Boris effects I've tried tracking in VP and it doesn't work for me I try to get Boris effects for free doesn't work so I might just save 699 for it

Some features in Vegas Pro are still old

And thay look almost like VP 11 or maybe 15

And heard that the green screen has better technology noris effects on Vegas

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/985082

https://www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/why-vegas-is-losing-me-and-others--112305/

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:46 AM

Boris' BCC is excellent - and it does work in VP17. Maybe wait for Black Friday for an attractive offer. Who knows, with the world economy in the state it now is, maybe an earlier offer may eventuate (I have no way of knowing that BTW).

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 7:54 AM

Boris' BCC is excellent - and it does work in VP17. Maybe wait for Black Friday for an attractive offer. Who knows, with the world economy in the state it now is, maybe an earlier offer may eventuate (I have no way of knowing that BTW).

Thanks does Vegas have any de-click removal plug-in that I can use can u uses de-esser to remove clicks and pops that comes from someone mouth from dialogue or is there any free one

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 8:14 AM

Have a look at iZotope's RX Elements currently available for $29 (presumably USD):

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/pricing-options.html

No de-esser by the looks of it. If you are after a de-esser and a de-popper (tongue noises against teeth or inner mouth walls), you'd need to look at RX7 or RX7 Advanced.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 8:22 AM

Have a look at iZotope's RX Elements currently available for $29 (presumably USD):

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rx/pricing-options.html

No de-esser by the looks of it. If you are after a de-esser and a de-popper (tongue noises against teeth or inner mouth walls), you'd need to look at RX7 or RX7 Advanced.

I've been on their website it looks like you have to buy the whole package with other plugins can u buy each plug-in separately instead of buying the whole thing

Dexcon wrote on 4/15/2020, 8:26 AM

iZotope's website provide you with their offers - I have no control over that. As far as I can see (same as you no doubt), there are 3 options: RX Elements, RX and RX Advanced.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 8:31 AM

iZotope's website provide you with their offers - I have no control over that. As far as I can see (same as you no doubt), there are 3 options: RX Elements, RX and RX Advanced.

Ok thank

rraud wrote on 4/15/2020, 9:44 AM

Sound Forge Pro (14) comes with the iZotope 'Elements' versions of RX and Ozone as well as the legacy NR-2 noise reduction suite and many others. Like most pro audio folks, we have our go-to favorites and many are third-party.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 9:57 AM

Sound Forge Pro (14) comes with the iZotope 'Elements' versions of RX and Ozone as well as the legacy NR-2 noise reduction suite and many others. Like most pro audio folks, we have our go-to favorites and many are third-party.

I have sound Forge 13 but u will still need a licence for those third party plugins

rraud wrote on 4/15/2020, 10:38 AM

Yes, SF Pro 13 came with the iZ plug-ins as well. Serial numbers for the separate activation are included with the SF Pro purchase.

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/15/2020, 10:49 AM

Yes, SF Pro 13 came with the iZ plug-ins as well. Serial numbers for the separate activation are included with the SF Pro purchase.

I didn't get the serial number BC I got it for free with VP 17

Sheriff-adeyemi wrote on 4/21/2020, 12:26 PM