Features you'd like to see in a DVD Architect update

Sticky Fingaz wrote on 12/30/2004, 4:08 PM
Hopefully the fine folks at Sony read this and will see what their customers want. DVD Architect 2 is the best DVD Authoring program I have ever used, however a few things would make it flawless to me:

1) Dual layer support (duh)

2) Delayed buttons (that is where I can tell DVD Architect to not allow a button to be visible until X amount of seconds...seems very easy to impliment as well as making the program so much more professional with it).

Some other features I'd love, but aren't life changing:

DLT writing (this makes it 100% professional in my opinion), VBR encoding and well, I can't think of anything else. Other than that the program is flawless.

What's everyone else's opinion on what they'd love to see in an update?

Comments

dnvillalpando wrote on 12/30/2004, 4:58 PM
Fades, wipes, etc for slideshows.

david
DGrob wrote on 12/31/2004, 6:07 AM
Video compilation assembly into a single movie with minimum hassle. Darryl
zstevek wrote on 12/31/2004, 6:55 AM
I just want to repeat your first request...

DUAL LAYER SUPPORT!

Unfortunately I think Sony is holding off putting this out as an update because they want people to buy DVDA3.
FrankieP wrote on 12/31/2004, 7:18 AM
Option to change bitsetting within the software.
Myles wrote on 12/31/2004, 10:48 AM
As well as photo motion within slide shows. Makes a tremendous difference. For an example of what I'm talking about, review a product called Muvee Autoproducer. Integration of something like this would be fantastic. Maybe Sony could buy them out. :-)
ScottW wrote on 12/31/2004, 12:15 PM
Good grief. It's DVD authoring software, not a general purpose video editor. If you want photo slide shows and motion, use Vegas - that's what it's designed to do.
MJPollard wrote on 12/31/2004, 1:40 PM
More flexible subtitle options, including multiple text effects (i.e. italics, bold, underlining, and regular text combined, rather than all-or-nothing) and the ability to create forced subtitles. The ability to export subtitles to one of the common plain text subtitle formats (or to one of the ones it accepts for import, i.e. MAC DVD Studio Pro or Sonic DVD Creator) would be nice, too... or, even come up with a new plain-text subtitle format that third-party subtitle applications (like Ubisoft's Subtitle Workshop) can implement.
Sniper wrote on 12/31/2004, 3:08 PM
something i think it'd be cool is if you could burn in a specific region, instead of Region 0. unless if its already possible and i dont know it :-P.
peace.
Sticky Fingaz wrote on 12/31/2004, 3:19 PM
I don't think it's possible to burn region coding to DVD's?
bStro wrote on 12/31/2004, 3:24 PM
Good grief. It's DVD authoring software, not a general purpose video editor. If you want photo slide shows and motion, use Vegas - that's what it's designed to do.

Yeah, I just don't get the constant requests for DVDA to have more "editing" features. It will never be as good an editor as Vegas, and I see no reason why it should be.

Rob
bStro wrote on 12/31/2004, 3:27 PM
I don't think it's possible to burn region coding to DVD's?

It's not. Only pressed ones.

Rob
dand9959 wrote on 12/31/2004, 4:36 PM

The ability to burn non-audio_TS or video_TS directories...or even create/populate them, too!
Albert Shroyer wrote on 12/31/2004, 4:42 PM
Multiple Angle support.
PeterWright wrote on 1/1/2005, 2:44 AM
Double line subtitles (I believe there is a workaround to get these, but it'd be nice to have it simplified)
ceptico wrote on 1/1/2005, 6:01 AM
I would like to have better chapter handling like chapter import from text and auto-chapters by number or time.
bStro wrote on 1/1/2005, 6:06 PM
I would like to have better chapter handling like chapter import from text and auto-chapters by number or time.

You can import chapters now.

Rob
ceptico wrote on 1/2/2005, 3:08 PM
Really?

In what kind of format?
J_Mac wrote on 1/2/2005, 3:28 PM
1. Frame specific chapter marker settings. John.
RichMacDonald wrote on 1/4/2005, 11:38 AM
Auto-actions on buttons. See old thread
weasel_ferret wrote on 1/5/2005, 1:47 AM
Set bitrate of audio compression

Display filename extensions within the application

Better support for drives (burn process no worky with my Memorex firewire drive)
bStro wrote on 1/5/2005, 8:21 AM
Display filename extensions within the application

If you're referring to DVDA's Explorer window, it's just an instance of Windows Explorer, and that setting is controlled by Windows. Go to Windows Explorer, choose Tools -> Folder Options, select the View tab, and uncheck "Hide file extensions for known filetypes." I've yet to meet an application that will let you change this setting only for its Explorer-based windows.

Or are you referring to something else?

Rob
Doombear wrote on 1/14/2005, 1:22 PM
- Frame-accurate control on Thumbnail start time selection - DVDA1 had this

- Adjustable outline width on subtitle text

- Random End-Actions (useful for game-creation and Star-Wars-like multiple menus) - After a video plays, it would jump to any menu, title/chapter on a definable list

- Auto-chapter distribution (eg. every 5 minutes, place a chapter)
avgeek wrote on 1/15/2005, 8:55 PM
Maybe the ability to burn from a Vegas .veg file instead of having to render all the way out? I tried this earlier tonight with no success.
-D
mangoldwen wrote on 1/18/2005, 1:14 AM
and better off an hardware at affordable price to encode(Render) at real-time
affordable at arund £300.00 GBP

Regards