Files compatible with DVD Architect

vegasnewbie wrote on 1/15/2004, 3:00 PM
Hello, I am a Vegas Newbie and I am working on the "try out" version of DVD Architect. Although I have been able to import .avi files to practise with in DVD Architect, I am not sure how to import projects that I have edited previously in Adobe Premiere. These are .ppi files. I tried saving a .ppi file as a .avi file, but this didn't work. Can anyone please tell me how to import to DVD Architect a project that has been edited in Adobe Premiere. Can a project edited in Pinnacle Studio 8 be brought into DVD Architect?

Can you please also tell me whether projects that have been edited in Vegas 4 can automatically be read by DVD Architect?

Thanks very much for your help.

Fred

Comments

Chienworks wrote on 1/15/2004, 3:57 PM
I'm just guessing here, but i suspect that the .ppi file is a "project" file rather than the finished video. You can't just save this as an .avi file. You'll have to render the project in Premiere to get a finished video as an .avi file. Then you should be able to open that in DVD Architect.

This is pretty much the same procedure with Vegas & DVDA.
vegasnewbie wrote on 1/15/2004, 8:02 PM
Thanks very much for this reply. I see that a Vegas project is saved as a *.veg file. Is a *.veg file able to be imported into DVD Architect? Or do you need to render this as a *.avi file?

Regards, Fred
Cunhambebe wrote on 1/15/2004, 8:07 PM
First of all u need to render this project file as AVI or MPEG2 (with the option checked - among others - as DVDA NTSC video streaming) so as to burn your DVD with DVDArchitect. Be sure to correct brightness and contrast with the respective plug-in. Got it?
Cunhambebe!
Chienworks wrote on 1/15/2004, 8:26 PM
The .veg file doesn't contain any video. It contains the editing steps you've done, as well as any generated media such as titles and colors. Of itself though it isn't a video. You have to render the project in Vegas first before the finished video can be used in DVD Architect.