film convert Vegas / ofx plugin update

Mark_e wrote on 9/11/2014, 2:37 AM
Just noticed this on my facebook feed, happy days, really like film convert even just for the colour temp slider and exposure even if you don't do any mapping and now they have added colour wheels and histogram in the ofx plugin and 3d LUT export, need to try it when I get home, I know Vegas has these but I like they way they appear to have implemented it especially the histogram and it's all in one plugin assuming it works as nicely with Vegas as it used to it should be good! (just need 3D LUT plugin now for Vegas :-) )

https://www.facebook.com/FilmConvert/photos/a.478079878880969.109025.165245986831028/813239098698377/?type=1&theater

Comments

videoITguy wrote on 9/11/2014, 9:24 AM
Its not very cheap - way overpriced as purchased just for OFX
Mark_e wrote on 9/11/2014, 9:59 AM
It works well unlike many of the plugins I see, regular updates and cameras supported, I'm happy to support them and don't mind paying a premium so I don't think it's overpriced personally (else I wouldn't have brought it obviously).
Pete Siamidis wrote on 9/11/2014, 11:57 AM
Thanks for that, just updated mine. I'm also a fan of Filmconvert, I use one of their film presets on all the footage from my AX100, it quickly gives me a nice look that I just can't obtain on my own. Totally worth it to me.
Marc S wrote on 9/12/2014, 3:47 AM
I like it. Some nice features but out of my price range for a plugin. If they had a sale for $99 I would jump at it.
videoITguy wrote on 9/12/2014, 11:22 AM
The plugin looks useful and well designed - but the problem here is price in the market - It costs far more than VegasPro itself which has many of the same built-ins, it competes with (but not as to price) other plugins from numerous sources that are nearly free or very low percentage of overall cost.
I should like to see a really head to head comparison thru demonstration perhaps of what the advantage of this integrated plugin will do versus the competition.
This appears to be a case of mis-interpreting the marketplace - the vendor sells very little product - hence has to mark-up the price - it is always a self-defeating strategy which will eventually kill it. Quite a shame!
Terje wrote on 10/28/2014, 5:25 AM
Are you using it as a Vegas plugin or the stand-alone version? I use filmconvert all the time and would love to use it in Vegas, but once i add it to a clip Vegas crashes within 30 seconds.