FINALLY... I solved the slow burning issue!

FTech wrote on 6/1/2016, 5:45 PM
Hello,

Short Story: if the burning takes forever to finish than usual, go to OPTIONS>Preferences and place a check mark beside "Render large Wave files as Wave64." Hopefully this would solve the EXTREMELY SLOW burning issue I was experiencing. This also solved the burning issue with Acid Pro by enabling "Render Wave as Wave64".

Long Story: I've used CD Architect for many years with no issues. I always used to burn with these following settings: Speed Max, Buffer underrun protection [checked], Burn CD mode, Render temporary image before burning [checked], Eject when done [checked]. Recently, I decided to make a CD last night and the program would burn at a MUCH slower rate than normal. If I waited, it would've completed in 24 hours! I thought my burner was dying. I used ImgBurn as a test and it burned a CD without any issues. Luckily I bought some CD-RW discs to try out various settings to solve this issue.

Hope this helps
FTech

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 Core @ 3.8Ghz (non-overclocked, PBO enabled) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 22H2) RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz (16-16-16-32) @ 1.35v (Tightened timings via DRAM Calculator) Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 (studio driver v528.49) Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z (driver v6.0.102.75 dated Dec 1, 2020) Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB; Seagate Baracuda 6TB, Samsung 870 Evo 2TB (System Managed Swap File) Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (bios 4408) PSU: Corsair RM850x Blu-Ray Burner: Asus BW-16D1HT 16x (firmware 3.10) Case: Fractal Design Define R6 w/USB-C

Windows configured to use the AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan

Comments

FixitMad0 wrote on 6/7/2016, 11:44 AM
FTech,

Thanks for posting your issue and the fix!

FTech wrote on 7/14/2016, 8:24 PM
Well I spoke too soon!

I thought the "Render large Wave files as Wave64" would fix the issue. CD Architect (5.2d) just takes too damn long. Further experimenting, I noticed that burning first on CD-RW would give a very slow burn. Try 400 minutes in time remaining on occasion! Cancelling the burn and burning the disc a second time... it burns successfully! Why I used CD-RW... I would be creating many coasters out of CD-R's while troubleshooting this.

Every time I closed CD Architect and launching it after a failed burn, the burning operation would always slow to a crawl... and if you like wait 6 hours to finish :) It ONLY works if you cancel the burn and re-burn a second time that the CD would burn properly. You would sacrifice many CD's for this to work.

I tried it with regular CD-R from Sony and it slows to a crawl and shows remaining time of 400 minutes or so. No choice to cancel this burn and got an instant coaster.

Further investigation using the Event Viewer I found multiple entries of this: "An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging operation." I noticed these entries occur when using CD Architect. Something useful for the software engineers to take a look at.

To confirm that my DVD/CD drive is not failing, using Imgburn and HOFA CD-burn, the software works flawlessly!

FTech

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x 12 Core @ 3.8Ghz (non-overclocked, PBO enabled) OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (version 22H2) RAM: G.Skill TridentZ Neo 32GB DDR4 @ 3600Mhz (16-16-16-32) @ 1.35v (Tightened timings via DRAM Calculator) Graphics Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 1660 6GB GDDR5 (studio driver v528.49) Sound Card: Sound Blaster Z (driver v6.0.102.75 dated Dec 1, 2020) Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 1TB; Seagate Baracuda 6TB, Samsung 870 Evo 2TB (System Managed Swap File) Mobo: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (bios 4408) PSU: Corsair RM850x Blu-Ray Burner: Asus BW-16D1HT 16x (firmware 3.10) Case: Fractal Design Define R6 w/USB-C

Windows configured to use the AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan

Chienworks wrote on 12/4/2016, 10:13 PM

Just curious, but have you ever tried burning without rendering a temporary image first? I never do the temporary image.